Clarification on drinks package query please

St Mary's

Hello

We booked our first MSC cruise direct for Dec & New Year 2018, the UK customer service have been brilliant. However this morning I decided to upgrade from Classic to Deluxe (we are in Aurea Aft after reading reviews and info by Sidari - thank you) and was told that the Deluxe package didn't include the mini bar or service charge for room service.

I also enquired about YC upgrade and was informed that Deluxe only applied to the YC area and reverted to the Classic package in other parts of the ship.

That wasn't the impression I've got from the info on their website or the research I've been doing. Just wanting confirmation that I unfortunately got an ill informed customer service person this time or if anyone can offer some clarification, please.

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like you got a shockingly ill-informed rep!

With an Aurea booking, the service charge for room service is included (even without having a Deluxe drinks package). The only 'Experiences' category that doesn't have it included is Bella. However, the food on the room service menu is only included in the Deluxe package (except for pizza) as is the in-cabin mini-bar.

The YC is all-inclusive (except for super premium drinks and wine by the bottle); the deluxe package is included for use outside the enclave. Room service pizza is included in YC.

We are possibly on the same cruise ( is it from Miami?)& in an Aft balcony ( but Fantastica ) and have recently upgraded from Classic to Deluxe for £6 pp per day.

If you look on msc website it tells you what is & what isn't inc on the 2 packages. Somewhat worrying an msc employee doesn't know that! I am just not sure if the snacks in the mini bar( nuts, Pringles, m& ms??) are also included. Anyone know for sure?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are possibly on the same cruise ( is it from Miami?)& in an Aft balcony ( but Fantastica ) and have recently upgraded from Classic to Deluxe for £6 pp per day.

If you look on msc website it tells you what is & what isn't inc on the 2 packages. Somewhat worrying an msc employee doesn't know that! I am just not sure if the snacks in the mini bar( nuts, Pringles, m& ms??) are also included. Anyone know for sure?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just upgraded the Aurea package to include premium drinks for $8 pp per day

They told me it includes all booze, soda, water and snacks in the mini frig as well and includes drinks via room service

I just upgraded the Aurea package to include premium drinks for $8 pp per day

They told me it includes all booze, soda, water and snacks in the mini frig as well and includes drinks via room service

I just got a bad rep. I'll definitely go ahead and upgrade. Thank you.