Any advice on Aqua Class onboard the Summit? (Especially cabin 9100)

OnTheJourney

DO NOT BOOK 9100! A couple of years ago I booked an Aqua guarantee at an amazing price. I got assigned 9100. I found pictures on-line and the balcony is pretty unusable. Two chairs cannot comfortably be out there. Balcony is on a diagonal with the suite next door looking straight into not just the balcony but your room, You wd have to keep drapes drawn. I was lucky and Celebrity moved me to another room with a normal balcony. But again, 9th deck Aqua are under a huge overhand. If anything, these cabins shd all be discounted as I believe their location and the huge overhand is a big negative. I would not book deck 9 unless it is one on the aft looking at the wake. Went to Blu only once as we found the menu very limited. We much prefer the Main Dining Room where it is more social.

We're Elite members, but not sure I'd prefer to be on Deck 11...planning on booking on 9..even a little leery about that in the event of significant motion.
I agree. We didn’t use the 1 Category upgrade, either. We eye’d the AQs on deck 11 both times that we sailed AQ on Summit and wound up sticking with the AQs on Deck 9. We were in a cabin halfway between the midship and aft elevators and it was really nice! It was quiet and we didn’t mind the larger overhang. I am as prone to motion sickness as it gets and, with a Bonine pill per day, was just fine! We were doing Eastern Carribean out of San Juan so not sure if your situation with NJ to New England will see more motion or not. We have eyed the cruise you will be on and hope to do that itinerary one day! Edited by SeasideMemories