Any advice on Aqua Class onboard the Summit? (Especially cabin 9100)

OnTheJourney

Considering a Canada / New England cruise and right now room 9100 is available - right next to a CS and so I presume the balcony view is somewhat restricted (?) Never did Aqua before so would like some thoughts on it. We're not real big spa people and also aren't sure how we'd like always eating in Blu...so any suggestions welcomed! We've usually been in a Veranda room and, while nice enough, is just a bit cramped. I was considering something a bit larger and yet closer to midships - so that sort of rules out Concierge which seem to be mostly aft.

Are the Aqua rooms significantly larger than the regular Veranda category?

Thanks...

We were on the Summit this past summer in 9004. We enjoyed being in Aqua, really enjoyed dining in Blu. It is smaller, quieter and the food is a small step up from the MDR. The Aqua and CC cabins on the M class ships are a bit bigger, about 20 SqFt than the standard verandas and that does make a difference. One thing to keep in mind is that most of the cabins on deck 9 have verandas that are shaded by the pool deck overhang. We like it that but if you are a sun lover it will be a problem.

My DH was skeptical the first time we booked Aqua Class, not sure that he'd enjoy the dining in Blu. We'd always been fine with the MDR. I reassured him that if he was unhappy we could always dine in the MDR. We never did. He loved it. He could get his beloved escargot in Blu. The food is different than the MDR, but definitely NOT spa food (as DH feared). There are always the standard favorites each nights (chicken, salmon, strip steak) available if one particular evening menu doesn't please you, but we never found the need. The service was much more attentive in Blu (and we were never unhappy in MDR) and specially requests were much more readily accommodated. The breakfast in Blu was something we really enjoyed since we most often sail just the two of us and can sit and relax together and have a lovely breakfast service.

We also liked the shower wall jets, not a big deal, but a nice little addition. I think you'll be pleased.

9100 balcony used to be a 1/2 the size of the other balconies. It was cut off on a diagonal to accommodate the curved window of the suite. Don’t know if it is still the same

If other cabins are available you should grab one.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Nothing much on the M-class sticky, but lots of info if you search 9100 on the general X forum here. Small and angled, doesn't sound great.

What itin is it that's so popular?

Canada / New England trip leaving out of Cape Liberty. At least going by the website it's really booked quite full. I like a midship room due to there being generally less motion if things get a bit rough. There really aren't many verandah rooms available either - not mid-ship anyway.

I agree with Miched. Unless this is the last AQ class cabin available, I would not book it. The balcony is angled as he says, and it is tiny. No privacy with the CS curved window. Hope you can get another one. Which Summit cruise is this? We are booked in Oct 2019

I have to agree that the cabins to either side of Celebrity Suites would not be my choice. The balcony is angled and goes from a regular balcony depth at one side to much narrower on the other. Plus I believe there is a privacy issue from the curved window in the Celebrity Suite. You can see the angle in this pic. https://goo.gl/images/4QQPQL

That being said... If it is the only AQ left and that’s what you have your heart set on, it will boil down to how important the balcony is to you. We love time on our balcony so would not book this but others spend almost no time there!

Good luck in your decision!

Edited to add: This is not my photo. It was a photo posted by another CC member that I found helpful when we booked AQ on Summit a few years back.

Edited by SeasideMemories

The M-class sticky (and the S-class sticky) are the two top threads on this Celebrity list of threads. People put into a format answers to questions about various cabins. You search for the cabin number you want off to the right under "search".

9100 happened to have no posts but it's a good tool to know.

Considering a Canada / New England cruise and right now room 9100 is available - right next to a CS and so I presume the balcony view is somewhat restricted (?) Never did Aqua before so would like some thoughts on it. We're not real big spa people and also aren't sure how we'd like always eating in Blu...so any suggestions welcomed! We've usually been in a Veranda room and, while nice enough, is just a bit cramped. I was considering something a bit larger and yet closer to midships - so that sort of rules out Concierge which seem to be mostly aft.

Are the Aqua rooms significantly larger than the regular Veranda category?

Thanks...

Personally I prefer Deck 11 A1, just not the first cabins by the doors. Curious folks can see over onto the balcony. Very quiet and secluded with easy access to buffet, pool, spa and elevators to dining rooms. You also get lots of sun as there is no shade. Elite members should call Captains Club to book as you get free upgrade to A1 at A2 prices.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've been on the Summit 3 times so far, each time in 1139 all the way aft. We've loved it. We're going again in December, but this time we'll be in 9090. One thing to consider is the noise that people say can come from the pool deck above. We don't think it will bother us, but if you're a very light sleeper, you may want to consider that. Smooth sailing whatever you choose.

One more thought is that if you book 9100 now, keep checking the cruise by making a dummy booking to see if any “better “ cabins come open. You “should be” able to switch cabins in the same category for no additional charge. Check with X or your TA to confirm this is able to be done. We have done this on several cruises. There is no guarantee a different cabin will open up. Be sure you are OK if this doesn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with Miched. Unless this is the last AQ class cabin available, I would not book it. The balcony is angled as he says, and it is tiny. No privacy with the CS curved window. Hope you can get another one. Which Summit cruise is this? We are booked in Oct 2019

Same cruise I'm looking at!! Oct.19...there is only the one sailing date

Are you talking about Oct. 6, 2019? I just looked and there must be at least a dozen AQ cabins available on Deck 9! I think what confused you is that 9100 is the one they "suggested" - if you click instead on "I'll choose my own cabin" (or whatever the words are), you will see all the white cabins amongst the grey - alllll those white ones are available!

Really thinking of trying this. I like the idea of the larger room than 2A / 2B veranda. Not sure how much we'd use the spa privileges, but if we really like Blu...seems worth a shot. Sailed twice on the Summit and both times were on either Deck 6 or 7. Hopefully the motion issues wouldn't be too bad up on 9. Last time on the Summit was to Antarctica, so no way did I want to be higher than 7 on account of crossing the Drake. Then, too, as long as there isn't alot of noise from the pool areas up on 10....

We've been on the Summit 3 times so far, each time in 1139 all the way aft. We've loved it. We're going again in December, but this time we'll be in 9090. One thing to consider is the noise that people say can come from the pool deck above. We don't think it will bother us, but if you're a very light sleeper, you may want to consider that. Smooth sailing whatever you choose.

I talked to Celebrity about this tonight, and they said with the soundproofing between rooms, etc. (?) that it's not a big issue. Plus...they said the pools close at night (?) Just reporting what I heard!