Calico Jack's atmosphere

ROBINBIRDIE66

Hello,

Looking for a relaxing location on 7 mile beach - with facilities, reasonably priced chair & umbrella and food. Calico Jack's keeps coming up here on CC and RCI FB page. Hubby was looking into it and it sounds like it is more of a "party" type atmosphere - loud music, etc.

Wondering if anyone has first hand experience they can share?

Also, if we take taxi and not bus, how long of drive from pier - so we can allow enough time to get back to tender?

Thanks,

Robin

They may play music in the bar itself, but the beach itself is quite music-free. I have never been bothered by the music there.

Calico Jack's is a "picnic tables in the sand" type of vibe. Very casual. Food is more bar food (whereas Royal Palms, the other option, is more upscale food and facilities). But the bathrooms are clean, and there are outdoor showers to rinse off the salt and sand.

I would allow 20 minutes for the taxi ride, maybe 30 to be in the safe side.

We wish there was music! We heard NONE!

You can easily see the road to judge how traffic is flowing. In the afternoon, traffic gets backed up, so while it may take you 10 mins. to get there, it could take 45 to get back!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 5:31 PM, TravellingBritNY said:

They may play music in the bar itself, but the beach itself is quite music-free. I have never been bothered by the music there.

Calico Jack's is a "picnic tables in the sand" type of vibe. Very casual. Food is more bar food (whereas Royal Palms, the other option, is more upscale food and facilities). But the bathrooms are clean, and there are outdoor showers to rinse off the salt and sand.

I would allow 20 minutes for the taxi ride, maybe 30 to be in the safe side.

Royal Palms is also 'upscale' on the pricing too!:classic_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Was there last week...Oct 25th.  Lots of "Public Bus" passing thru port area.  They are more like big vans instead of traditional city buses in the U.S. with sign on window.  Still $2.50 US per person each way.  Just tell driver where you want to go and you'll be notified when you arrive.  Very friendly drivers.

On 10/30/2018 at 11:40 AM, dude_hdt said:

Was there last week...Oct 25th.  Lots of "Public Bus" passing thru port area.  They are more like big vans instead of traditional city buses in the U.S. with sign on window.  Still $2.50 US per person each way.  Just tell driver where you want to go and you'll be notified when you arrive.  Very friendly drivers.

Thank you for the timely information. We'll be in Cayman Islands next week on RCL Liberty of the Seas and plan to spend the day at Calico Jacks.

On 11/5/2018 at 9:19 AM, Annefran said:

Does anyone how much it is to rent chairs & umbrella at Calico Jack's for the day?  I know food and drinks are pay as you go.  Just trying to decide whether to go on our own or through the ship.  Thanks!

I rented an umbrella and 2 lounge chairs for $20.  That was in July.

Edited by camijo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 3:43 PM, M_BA said:

Thank you for the timely information. We'll be in Cayman Islands next week on RCL Liberty of the Seas and plan to spend the day at Calico Jacks.

How was your day at Calico Jacks?