Price for kids in Specialty Restaurants

oskarNZ

Hello,

When it comes to Celebrity, there is so much information, both new and old, all over the internet, that it is difficult to know what pieces are most up to date.

With that in mind, can someone please let me know the most up to date information/conditions regarding children in specialty restaurants.

Is it the case that children can go into any of the restaurants and are charged just $10 if they are between 5 and 12?

The system let me pay for a 4 night dining package for my 11 year old as I had been under the impression kids paid full price. So it would be a nice surprise if I end up getting some onboard credit from it.

Also, as a side note, please know that I have not asked this question to begin a debate over whether children should eat in specialty restaurants. I know my son, how long he can sit, what he will and won’t eat, and that I would never take him into a nice restaurant if I thought he might disturb other customers - so no worries there.

Thanks in advance. :D

Have a look at this thread -- it includes a post that has a link to a Celebrity brochure -- you might want to print that out and take it with you.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2646136&highlight=children+specialty+restaurant

Thanks heaps for that.

I had found 2017 posts and wasn’t sure if the info still applied. However I see that the brochure you are referring to has had its date updated to 8/2018, so I’m going to assume that that’s the most up to date info out there.

I’m excited as I can now apply most of my son’s credit to a lunch onboard also.

Which brings me to my next question: If I have paid for something in foreign currency (in my case New Zealand dollars), how do they credit you if you cancel something onboard. Is there are pre-determined $US value attached to each of my bookings, or do Celebrity calculate the exchange rate once onboard?

Edited by oskarNZ