Question to Non-US Cruisers on Harmony of the Seas

Brandis

As many of you are aware, many airports in the US now have automatic kiosks to do the immigration formalities. This results in having no immigration stamp in the passport.

On our last cruise (Norwegian, out of Miami) this caused a big delay (more than 45 min. spent at the check-in counter), since before letting us board they had to check our immigration statuses on the CBP website and apparently there was only one PC in the entire terminal with access to that website. When the agent came back, he noticed that he had printed some records twice while missing others, so back he went.

Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience with check-in at Royal Caribbean.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

We have cruised twice with Royal Caribbean out of Florida and have never had this happen. I have to check my passport when I get home but I believe I had one stamp from the first visit, and the next time we used the machines. No trouble at all checking in.

The only sad part is that the queue for non-APC-users at the airport is sometimes faster.. so much for being effective!

We visited Miami with relatives in february, and having been there before, travelling with ESTA, we used the APC-machines and queued up. Our relatives travelling to the US for the first time got sent to a short queue and was through 15-30 minutes before us :-(

Checked my previous passport, and the first time I used it to enter the US in 2013 (have been there earlier with a previous passport) they gave me a stamp. Stamped again in 2016 even if I used the machines (even if you use a machine you sometimes have to see someone). Also got a stamp i march of 2017. My last visit in february 2018 gave me no stamp (used a machine)

Nope, no stamp for us last time in Miami.

Just had to show the printout to the CBP guy at the exit of the immigration area and were off to pick up our luggage.

Upon leaving the customs area, there was another Customs guy who collected the printout. Never had to show the passport (except scanning it at the machine).

Nope, no stamp for us last time in Miami.

Just had to show the printout to the CBP guy at the exit of the immigration area and were off to pick up our luggage.

Upon leaving the customs area, there was another Customs guy who collected the printout. Never had to show the passport (except scanning it at the machine).

Make sure you have your valid ESTA paperwork either on your phone or printed out. This way without the stamp there will not be a delay by the agent having to get your I-94.

Not talking about the Esta, never have that with me, but the I-95 arrival record which the ship may need to see how long we are allowed to stay in the US.

According to what I can see online, an I-94 arrival record is not issued for ESTA-travelers.

Foreign visitors to the U.S. arriving via air or sea no longer need to complete paper Customs and Border Protection Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record or Form I-94W Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver Arrival/Departure Record. Those who need to prove their legal-visitor status—to employers, schools/universities or government agencies—can access their CBP arrival/departure record information online.

CBP now gathers travelers’ arrival/departure information automatically from their electronic travel records. Because advance information is only transmitted for air and sea travelers, CBP will still issue a paper form I-94 at land border ports of entry.