Taormina - Godfather Tour

cruisinrg

We did The Godfather Tour several years ago. We went to Castel ola, Savoyard and Taormina. Had a lovely lunch in Castelmola overlooking Mt Etna. Went to the bar where the cast hung out when filming the movie and visited the beautiful church where Michael and Appolonia were married.

It was a wonderful day. Not sorry I did it despite the fact that we had only about an hour and a half in Taormina.

We are headed back next week and will just take a cab to Taormina from the ship.

Lots of previous threads on the same topic, some with photos.

Once you open up ITALY PORTS, look to the right for the SEARCH THIS FORUM box and input "godfather tours".

All the previous threads with these words in them will appear in the results and you can read through them at leisure...and enjoy the photos! We really enjoyed ours, very scenic.

We did the Godfather tour in 2014 with Joe Banana Limousine.

I thought it was terrific?

Why because it included visits to small towns that were charming, had character and provided wonderful views.

It was a wonderful tour and was not "corny".

I highly recommend it.

Keith

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We did this in 2012 with Holland America (ship tour) - it was great!   We even met the lady who played Apollonia's mother.  She still lives in the town (Savoca) not far from Bar Vitelli and the church (wedding scene).   Apparently Francis Ford Coppola paid for the town to finally have their road paved, as a thank you for letting them film there.  We also stopped to visit a little limoncello/almond wine/biscotti store along the way to the church.   We had the best lemon granita right at Bar Vitelli and took some great photos.

We also visited Forza d'Agro (the other famous church facade in the Godfather) and stopped for pizza along the way.   If you are a Godfather fan it is really a cool excursion.  The views are excellent and the towns very charming and interesting, even if Godfather is not your thing.    We didn't get to see Taormina but I'm not sorry we did it as I am a huge Godfather fan.  Next time!

We did The Godfather tour when on the Celebrity Equinox. We loved it! Warning for anyone that has trouble walking up hill. There was a little motorized vehicle that could take you to the top where the church is that was in the film. Taorimina was beautiful, too!