P&O admit switching the promised 10% 2020 discount to 5% - but won't honour the offer

Harry Peterson

On 10/17/2018 at 10:39 PM, bungle66 said:

I sent an email (very vague in my case because to be truthful I wasn't entirely sure if and by how much the prices had changed in the few days from release of my cruise to the date it was confirmed) voicing my dissatisfaction regarding the 10% discount to both Customer Services and Christopher Edgington. Immediate phone call from Mr Edgington's team with standard apology, a vague explanation (admitting they were wrong basically because I didn't even put any figures in my email and they never pushed me or questioned me about WHY I thought there was a discrepancy) and an offer of £50 p/p obc which I accepted. I received an email several days later from Customer Services basically fobbing me off and advising me that I had received the full 10% discount and that P&O had now changed the slightly confusing wording. No offer of any compensation from that team or recognition that I had already received a reply from the company. My suggestion is even if you are not sure you didn't receive the correct discount to just contact Mr Edgington's office. They KNOW they are in the wrong and will at the very least give you £50 each.

We have done exactly that,,,,, within a week I had a phone call from his office assuring me we had our %10 off,,,,but as a gesture of "goodwill" offered us £50 each OBC.....(we also had an extra %2 off from our TA) so we are happy.