Where does RCI dock in Honolulu?

39august

I need information about our stop in Honolulu, please. How far is it to Waikiki from the pier? Can you take The Bus, and if so, which one? Would we need to take a taxi? We would like to go to Duke's in the Outrigger Waikiki Hotel for a drink after we return from our Arizona Memorial ship's excursion. We are in port until 11 PM. I would like to rent a car, but my husband absolutely will not drive in unfamiliar territory. Oh, and does anyone know how to get to the Waikiki Aquarium from the pier? Thanks for any help.

It's been a while since I have been to Hawaii, and we boarded the ship in Honolulu, not visiting for a port - so the time constraints were different, anyway, where we boarded was not very close to Waikiki. If the Aquarium is near the zoo, it is at the furthest end of the beach (it's not on the beach, but very close) toward Diamond Head- away from the ship. And speaking as a fellow okie (from Norman) driving in Hawaii was not bad, and with a car you could hit lots of places in a day.:D

RCCL docks at the Aloha Tower pier. On the main street right out front you can catch "The Bus". Can't remember which #, but drivers are very helpful and buses are clearly marked "Waikiki". The zoo is at the far end of Waikiki - about a 10 minute bus ride from the pier to Waikiki area, and allow about 15 minutes to get through Waikiki beach area and down to the zoo area. The aquarium is farther yet - out past Diamond Head. A long bus ride, but there are tours available to take you there. Duke's is a great place to have a drink and snacks, especially if you can be there to watch the sunset - it is absolutely breathtaking. Fun spot. It's right on Waikiki beach - right about in the middle. It is a LONG walk from the zoo area back to Dukes, so I suggest you either hop The Bus or grab a cab.Taxi from the pier to Waikiki will run you about $10, less from the zoo. Driving isn't bad at all in Hawaii, so if you're planning of seeing several sights, renting a car would be the easiest.

Hope this helps a little.

Aloha!!!

Sue

Archived