Curves 6 week solution?

I Luv Crusin

Geri,

I work at Curves and we have many members that are "older" and just starting to work out. It's a great low-impact workout that adjusts to your fitness level. It takes only an 1/2 hour, 3 times a week to see results IF you work hard(whatever that means for you). You can't "sleepwalk" through the circuit and expect results but if you work hard you will1)

The 6 week Solution is different from just working out but exercising is an important part of ANY weightloss program.

I've started my 1st day on the diet.

The 6 week solution is a nation wide program so I think the cost is the same no matter where you are.

The cost is 69.00 for 7 weeks of meetings. That includes a nifty duffle, a shake mix(2 weeks worth if you use it every day), a months worth of vitamins, a t-shirt, the Member guide which lists the diet, inspiration/encouragement cds by Zig Ziglar w/case. I think that's it.

You can do the 6 week solution without being a Curves member, however you will not be able to exercise there.

I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have!

• 2 weeks later...

This June I will be with my Curves for 2 years! I love it. We have so many different ages. Anywhere from my daughters' ages 19 & 22 all the way up to close to my mom's age--82 and everyone in between. Our Curves is very active with all kinds of fun games and extra activities. We had a walking class. That has become a set time where if you are on a recovery pad, you follow what the staff person does. Then they have the monthly quiz so you learn about health. They give you all the answers, you just need to read and then answer for 2 Curves dollars each month. Then we have 2 abs classes and one sr. citizen class. None of this cost extra. There is the challenge, but I decided not to do that because of the time it is held. We have just about something every day that is special whether it be the fishbowl game where if you are on the numbered machine when the staff reaches into a fishbowl, then you get a Curves dollar. We had another game a while back where you throw dice and get Curves dollars if you make a straight, a full house, etc. Everyone is so friendly, even the at Curves I have visited in other states. I can't recommend it enough.

This June I will be with my Curves for 2 years! I love it. We have so many different ages. Anywhere from my daughters' ages 19 & 22 all the way up to close to my mom's age--82 and everyone in between. Our Curves is very active with all kinds of fun games and extra activities. We had a walking class. That has become a set time where if you are on a recovery pad, you follow what the staff person does. Then they have the monthly quiz so you learn about health. They give you all the answers, you just need to read and then answer for 2 Curves dollars each month. Then we have 2 abs classes and one sr. citizen class. None of this cost extra. There is the challenge, but I decided not to do that because of the time it is held. We have just about something every day that is special whether it be the fishbowl game where if you are on the numbered machine when the staff reaches into a fishbowl, then you get a Curves dollar. We had another game a while back where you throw dice and get Curves dollars if you make a straight, a full house, etc. Everyone is so friendly, even the at Curves I have visited in other states. I can't recommend it enough.

Do you have to sign a year's contract or is it pay as you go?

Thanks!

I joined a club today called WOW. It's about the same as CURVES I think. I have to drive 60 miles round trip to do it, but I'm committed!! We are going to Disney World for spring break and on an Alaskan cruise in June. I tried on formal clothes and just knew I had to do something besides diet!! I'm post menopause and it seems like I fight for every pound!! I do think Curves sounds great and I hope WOW is somewhat the same. It cost me $175 for 5 months. It will be $27 a month I think, after that. So far, I got nothing in free stuff except for a bottle of water!! I hope they do some fun things, I didn't see much of that today. The leader could be better but I'm going to go at different times to see the other leaders too. Wish me luck!! It's the first time I've ever tried anything like this!

The 6 week solution is a nation wide program so I think the cost is the same no matter where you are.

The cost is 69.00 for 7 weeks of meetings. That includes a nifty duffle, a shake mix(2 weeks worth if you use it every day), a months worth of vitamins, a t-shirt, the Member guide which lists the diet, inspiration/encouragement cds by Zig Ziglar w/case. I think that's it.

You can do the 6 week solution without being a Curves member, however you will not be able to exercise there.

I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have!

Lesley... you say that you aren't able to exercise at Curves without being a member... is this an exercise program, or just a diet? If it is an exercise program, do you need equipment for the exercises, or can you do them at home w/o extras?

• 3 weeks later...
Lesley... you say that you aren't able to exercise at Curves without being a member... is this an exercise program, or just a diet? If it is an exercise program, do you need equipment for the exercises, or can you do them at home w/o extras?

Curves "6 week Solution" is available for both members and non-members. If you are not a member you can do the class but have to do your own exercise program. If you are a member you will continue to exercise at the club.

Curves is circuit training and you do it at the club.

I'm on my 5th week of the Curves Challenge/Solution. I've been going to Curves a couple of years and love it. We do a lot of fun stuff and they give away a lot of Curves $$$ to buy T-shirts, etc. with . Like someone said it is all ages. I am early 60's. You work at your own exertion level.

I'm enjoying the accountability of the group. I need that. Also, we write everything down that we eat. I've lost 8 pounds but plan to continue with program on my own as it is just a sensible way to eat.

Patsy

• 1 month later...
Please let me know how it goes - DH has offered to finance a membership, but I wasn't sure. BTW, I'm pushing 60 and way out of shape (unless you consider round a shape).[/quote)

Started Curves in Jan. and I love it. Turned 64 this month, and didn't think I would ever exercise 4-5 times a week and love it. Feeling so much better and less fibromyalgia pain, more energy, strength. You can do it!;)

Archived