Sapphire Princess - Vietnam visa - Asia cruise

mishfromva

There are several threads for the visa to Vietnam while on a Princess Cruise. 

My purpose of this thread is to hear from anyone who has visited Vietnam recently on a Princess Cruise & received their visa through the ship & what you were charged. 

If you had recently received the Vietnam Visa on board please post what you were charged. 

People are saying Princess is charging a $56 charge on board. 

Thsnks for your reply. 

Tom😀

16 hours ago, harfield said:

That's true but it doesn't hurt to voice your opinion and if enough people did then maybe Princess wouldn't charge so much. Its called the Might Of The Media. 

I have sent an email the Princess outlining my concerns.

As a platinum member and booked on the 18 Feb 2019 cruise I am both disappointed and annoyed that Princess Cruises are going to rip off their passengers for a visa when we arrive in Vietnam $56 pp. This is total obscene considering Vietnam only charges $5 pp for cruise companies ship passengers.  Also other cruise ships only charge $5 pp.
After being and loyal Princess Cruiser (and our possible next  booking Panama Canal we will be Elite) I am now starting to think other cruise lines maybe the way to go.

Come on Princess be honest with your customers and then we will continue to support you in the future.
Looking forward to your loyal support with this issue.

Thanks so much Harfield,

there is strength in numbers. 

22 hours ago, nask said:

I think this is outrageous  to have to pay $112 for the two of us verses $10 if would be allowed to get off the ship to get the visas. I don't understand why they have to up the charges so much especially if other cruise lines don't!!!!

Hi Nask,

especially since we have to pay twice if we want to get off the ship the second time around. Princess rep said they have to have a processing fee. A $50 processing fee for 1000 plus passengers. Or maybe there is only 500 of us who have to pay since there will be more passengers that have the visa exemption. 

See you on board

Kari

15 hours ago, trbarton said:

There are several threads for the visa to Vietnam while on a Princess Cruise. 

My purpose of this thread is to hear from anyone who has visited Vietnam recently on a Princess Cruise & received their visa through the ship & what you were charged. 

If you had recently received the Vietnam Visa on board please post what you were charged. 

People are saying Princess is charging a $56 charge on board. 

Thsnks for your reply. 

Tom😀

Hi Tom, I am curious. Did you post a new thread and an admin put it under this Sapphire Princess thread? The same thing happened to me, but mine was called Princess cruises Vietnam visa rip off. I heard that passengers on the Coral Princess were charged $30 or $34 USD per person.  It may have been a 60 day cruise starting in LA so they may have had more Americans on board. Perhaps, it has an effect on the fees.

Kari

Edited by karioncruising

On 10/16/2018 at 12:34 PM, mishfromva said:

Wow!  Thank you for your correction! I’ve been bamboozled!  Looked like a legitimate page! Thank you for the clarity.

Curious if I’m better off obtaining a visa at the embassy (I’m 10 miles from DC) or just paying the $56 from Princess?  Thank you again for correcting my mistake.

The current fee for the loose leaf visa is $5 USD per person. Obtaining a visa from the embassy for overland multiple visits will cost more than the $56 charged by Princess. 

43 minutes ago, karioncruising said:

Hi Tom, I am curious. Did you post a new thread and an admin put it under this Sapphire Princess thread? The same thing happened to me, but mine was called Princess cruises Vietnam visa rip off. I heard that passengers on the Coral Princess were charged $30 or $34 USD per person.  It may have been a 60 day cruise starting in LA so they may have had more Americans on board. Perhaps, it has an effect on the fees.

Kari

YIKES...They did move it. Very strange as it’s not related to this thread. As I stated I was interested what people on Princess actually got charged. 

Tom😎

Edited by trbarton
  • Haha 1

Customer relations at Princess does a good job of calling their customers if there is a complaint but they sure don't go above and beyond to remedy the situation. I received another phone call after I informed customerrelations@princesscruises.com that passengers on the Coral Princess were charged $30 USD for the visa. She said there is no way to find out how much they were charged. All she has to do is phone the accounting dept or someone on the Coral Princess to find this information. 

37 minutes ago, karioncruising said:

Customer relations at Princess does a good job of calling their customers if there is a complaint but they sure don't go above and beyond to remedy the situation. I received another phone call after I informed customerrelations@princesscruises.com that passengers on the Coral Princess were charged $30 USD for the visa. She said there is no way to find out how much they were charged. All she has to do is phone the accounting dept or someone on the Coral Princess to find this information. 

Yes, they do call back..............

We'll be in Vietnam on the Sapphire in a couple of weeks and will report back on the visa charge.

Edited by crawford
  • Haha 1

On 11/27/2018 at 12:36 AM, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We were in Vietnam the end of October on the Coral.  Princess charged our account $32 or $34/pp for the landing card for the three ports we visited.  We had been told it would be $56/pp, so we were pleasantly surprised.

The same rate I paid on the Sun Princess in October. But many here still seem to not believe what is posted by guested who have made the cruises and paid the fees to Princess.

On 11/26/2018 at 10:03 PM, harfield said:

That's true but it doesn't hurt to voice your opinion and if enough people did then maybe Princess wouldn't charge so much. Its called the Might Of The Media. 

I have sent an email the Princess outlining my concerns.

As a platinum member and booked on the 18 Feb 2019 cruise I am both disappointed and annoyed that Princess Cruises are going to rip off their passengers for a visa when we arrive in Vietnam $56 pp. This is total obscene considering Vietnam only charges $5 pp for cruise companies ship passengers.  Also other cruise ships only charge $5 pp.
After being and loyal Princess Cruiser (and our possible next  booking Panama Canal we will be Elite) I am now starting to think other cruise lines maybe the way to go.

Come on Princess be honest with your customers and then we will continue to support you in the future.
Looking forward to your loyal support with this issue.

for anyone that has actually done a Vietnam cruise with Princess, a process question.  when you arrived did you have to line up with your passport and individually clear through immigration in Vietnam or did the ship handle everything so you could just walk off?

The reason why I ask the question is because a friend of mine was on a recent cruise, not on Princess, that did go the loose leaf $5 route, and everyone had to individually, apply, standing in line with their passports. In their case taking over an hour of their time at the first port.

Edited by RDC1

6 minutes ago, RDC1 said:

for anyone that has actually done a Vietnam cruise with Princess, a process question.  when you arrived did you have to line up with your passport and individually clear through immigration in Vietnam or did the ship handle everything so you could just walk off?

Did two Princess cruises this year with port calls in Vietnam. First you do not have your Passport Princess collects them when you board the ship and returns them the last full day of the cruise. Everything is done behind the scenes.  For Vietnam you will be given a passenger landing card, they look like this. You need to carry this landing card and your ship ID card. You never need to see immigration officers in most cases except for when you first board the ship to start the cruise and when you leave the ship to end the cruise.

z.jpg

13 minutes ago, Expat Cruise said:

Did two Princess cruises this year with port calls in Vietnam. First you do not have your Passport Princess collects them when you board the ship and returns them the last full day of the cruise. Everything is done behind the scenes.  For Vietnam you will be given a passenger landing card, they look like this. You need to carry this landing card and your ship ID card. You never need to see immigration officers in most cases except for when you first board the ship to start the cruise and when you leave the ship to end the cruise.

z.jpg

Thank you for the information!

49 minutes ago, Expat Cruise said:

z.jpg

thank you.

that makes me wonder if the higher fees might be related to how Princess processes the Visas, compared to the loose leaf process my friends went through that was cheaper, but required each person to apply, carry their passport, and turn in the loose leaf Visa at their final port?

might be they chose a process with higher fees, but far less hassle for passengers.

anyone have any first hand experience with an cruise line charging the loose leaf fee and what their process is. I only have my friends experience, nothing first hand.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 6:06 PM, crawford said:

Yes, they do call back..............

We'll be in Vietnam on the Sapphire in a couple of weeks and will report back on the visa charge.

Just back from our cruise and Princess did indeed charge the full $56 per passenger for the Vietnam visa.

If you use this link....https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu?p_p_id=khaithithucdientu_WAR_eVisaportlet&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-2&p_p_col_count=1&_khaithithucdientu_WAR_eVisaportlet_view=insert...it will take you directly to the Visa site for the Vietnam Visa. I have one & I only paid $25. 

I have 2 copies of the form that shows that I have the visa, one for Princess, & one for my record. 

Why pay $56 to Princess when you can get one for $25. 

Seasons Greetings to Everyone.🎄💐🎉

Tom😀