Can't login via Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

I for one can’t understand why any corporation in the year 2018 does not want to maintain an app. 

I can't speak to that in general, but as for the CC app, I believe it ran on an older version of the Tapatalk engine. So it was already unnecessary.

28 minutes ago, broberts said:

A matter of opinion

Cost is a principal factor.

It is a matter of opinion and with a little work the mobile experience can be made very useable. I believe that it won’t be easy for the average CC user to accomplish though. Tapatalk is easier. 

As far as cost, as I understand the cost of Tapatalk is low and that is a problem. Because of low cost they have become the only game in town. No competition. Also Tapatalk is constantly making changes that break things. They love to redo things. I am a beta tester and they don’t impress me as a software company. Another issue is that an outside api plug in can be a security issue. 

So while as a user I prefer Tapatalk to the new mobile experience if I owned Cruise Critic I might have made the same decision to not install it. 

55 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

I can't speak to that in general, but as for the CC app, I believe it ran on an older version of the Tapatalk engine. So it was already unnecessary.

The CC app was a branded version of Tapatalk. It allowed ads but didn’t do a great job of it. I expect it did not bring in much revenue so not much point to it. 

Edited by Charles4515