LIVE - Anthem 10/18/18 - We're leafpeepin' ya'll

aring75

I really appreciate your review. It has been really informative and you take beautiful pictures. We sail on her when your return tomorrow. I'm following the weather closely to be sure she will be able to dock (fingers crossed). Hope your final night won't be too bad.

Thanks for all the updates.

• Like 2

I have been on Quantum class ships twice, but your review has been the BEST I have read to date.  Taking the time to provide daily Compass, MDR menus (regardless of if dining in specialties), bar menus, taking requests, port pictures, etc. has been above and beyond.  Thank you for all your hard work on vacation.  Have a safe flight back home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

Enjoying your review.  We were on the Anthem two years ago in December.  It was a 7-day cruise.  We had over 700 kiddies on that cruise.  We are on the Dec. Anthem this year for 11 nights. So probably won't have that many kiddies.  We are now Diamond.  I have some questions about being Diamond.  Will the Diamond Lounge be used for the free drinks, etc. during the 2 hour or will we be getting drink vouchers?   If drink vouchers, is your sea pass loaded every day?

You can use your free drinks at pretty much any bar on the ship.  No vouchers.  All on your card.  If you go to the Diamond Lounge, they don't take your card...get as much as you like during the Diamond hour time. 

• Like 1

Thanks for saying all the really nice things guys! I feel so loved. 

Got some pictures of the Solarium at lunchtime. Buffet-style at lunch. Also, it gets more crowded later in the cruise when more and more people find it. You will see brunch & lunch items. 

i-3s8XKDH-XL.jpg

i-WWJcxpz-XL.jpg

i-3wr3QP7-XL.jpg

i-qK3KwvG-XL.jpg

i-DP6NpbG-XL.jpg

• Like 1

Solarium pool area

i-ss6GTLB-XL.jpg

The central pool area is also covered and is cooler than the Solarium in cold weather, but was still comfortable and the hot tubs were quite popular. 

i-CvJkgc5-XL.jpg

When do you ever see this many loungers available by the pool at 9:30 am? Lol. 

i-vn9gHrr-XL.jpg

This is the room service breakfast menu found in the room. Everything on the Continental Breakfast side can be delivered for no fee (although you’d probably want to tip the delivery person, your choice), but the items on the American Breakfast side will have a service charge of $7.95 per delivery. 

i-7hjLnGD-X3.jpg

i-MT46hw7-X3.jpg

You can also order additional items throughout the day, again, for a $7.95 fee per room delivery. 

i-fQpSrbB-X3.jpg

11 minutes ago, mahqueen310 said:

Did you go in the solarium pool? If yes, what would you guess the temperature of the water?  I dislike pools that are cold.

I didn’t go in the pool. Sorry. But I saw lots who did!

10 minutes ago, mahqueen310 said:

Thank you for your wonderful review.  Safe travel home.

And I hope you have an amazing cruise!

My current situation. 

i-WNNGBsk-XL.jpg

I’m putting off packing as long as possible, lol. 

3 hours ago, aring75 said:

There’s a small library on the upper level of 270 tucked away in the corner, but even though it’s a little hard to find, it’s actually quite a nice space. 

i-4mWdbhK-XL.jpg

i-KngNC5M-XL.jpg

i-mrQZ65d-XL.jpg

One last question. Can the rooms that are near the library access it from their hallway? Or can you only access the library from 270?  Thank u so much 

57 minutes ago, heatheranderson13 said:

One last question. Can the rooms that are near the library access it from their hallway? Or can you only access the library from 270?  Thank u so much 

You can access the library/upper section of 270 from the deck 6 cabin corridor.  There are really big, heavy doors that you can go through.  I have heard you can't access through those doors when they are checking sea passes at the door on deck 5 prior to a show, but I have never actually tried.  If you have a cabin near there, that is a great way to go to Cafe 270 for morning coffee.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You can access the library/upper section of 270 from the deck 6 cabin corridor.  There are really big, heavy doors that you can go through.  I have heard you can't access through those doors when they are checking sea passes at the door on deck 5 prior to a show, but I have never actually tried.  If you have a cabin near there, that is a great way to go to Cafe 270 for morning coffee.

Thank you reallyitsmema. I wasn’t sure of the answer to this question. I could just see myself peeping around corners on Deck 6 trying to figure it out. Pretty sure people already cringe when they see me coming with my iPhone. I’ve been taking pictures of everything. 😂

Thank you so very much for taking time to do this great  review.  Sailing in a week and you provided so many answers to questions I had, making me even more anxious than I was already.                 Here 's wishing you a safe trip home and thanks again for taking us along on your journey

• Like 1

Just wanted to add for wheelchair or limited mobility folks there is a small elevator within 270 to move between levels there. It's kind of tucked away past the cafe but it's very useful for those who need it. Love that library/game room area, though they could use more books and games. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Thank you reallyitsmema. I wasn’t sure of the answer to this question. I could just see myself peeping around corners on Deck 6 trying to figure it out. Pretty sure people already cringe when they see me coming with my iPhone. I’ve been taking pictures of everything. 😂

Amazing thank you. We are on deck 6 right at the end so was hoping for a short cut. This is percfect

13 minutes ago, aring75 said:

You're welcome.  My Mom traveled with us on one of our Anthem sailings and she was on deck 6.  We used those doors a lot to go to 270 or even after a show in 270 to avoid the crowds through the Via.  The doors aren't marked from the corridor, so people don't open them to see where they go.  

2 minutes ago, riri13 said:

Just wanted to add for wheelchair or limited mobility folks there is a small elevator within 270 to move between levels there. It's kind of tucked away past the cafe but it's very useful for those who need it. Love that library/game room area, though they could use more books and games. 

Another thing to point out is that there are bathrooms within 270.  The women's is to the left of the entrance on deck 5 near the stairs to the upper level.  The men's is to the right, about half way down, tucked in behind some sofas.  It is kind of in the same area as the little elevator.

• Like 1

So I got a text message from United early this morning letting me know that they are waiving the fee to make changes to flights this weekend for any flight out of the New York / New Jersey area. I just checked and our flight is currently showing “on time” but that may certainly change before 2:00 pm.

But the Anthem made it to port last night safe and sound. Yay!

i-cnj4JrD-X3.jpg

i-ZcWrKTd-X3.jpg

• Like 1

They offer a sit-down breakfast in the 

American Icon Dining Room on the final morning between the hours of 7:00 and 8:30 am. 

i-8MQV3SB-X3.jpg

Ham and cheese omelet with an English muffin on the side. 

i-rDGHXJf-XL.jpg

They request that everyone be out of their staterooms by 8:30 am and wait in a designated area for your number to be called. By the time we finished breakfast, grabbed our bags, and headed downstairs, they had called number 14. 

We were number 5. 

Disembarkation was quick and easy (a little too easy if you ask me). I called for an UberXL (to make sure we had room for luggage) once we made it through the customs check. Our driver was there in two and a half minutes. It was rainy and cold when we arrived at Cape Liberty so the quick pick up was very much appreciated. 

After an uneventful drive to the airport, we checked our bags, made it through a medium-sized security line (that moved pretty quickly), and now we are on our second cup of coffee while we wait it out. The flight boards look good. Most flights look to be on time for now. A handful coming from cities nearby are delayed, but only slightly, so we feel good about getting home on time. 

I will post some final thoughts about the cruise and my overall impressions, etc. when I finally get back (get thawed out 😁). Til then, I hope everyone leaving out today has a fantastic time. It’s a great ship with so much to do!! And for those of you leaving in the upcoming weeks and months, I love this part of the journey. The planning. The anticipation. It’s intoxicating. 

I’m not sure I’m gonna make it til June!! 😩

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1