List of forums I follow : no update showing

I previously used CC mostly through the list of forums I follow (in the User Content section). I took me a while to find this list again on the new board, but finally found it under "Manage new content" and then "Cruise Critic Community" (go figure).

It just shows the list of forums, and the date from which I followed them (stuck currently at Oct10 for some reason). There used to be, for each forum, the additional info of the latest update : thread, poster and time of posting. That was very useful for me to see at a glance if there were new posts in a forum. Currently, it's impossible to say without opening each forum if there are new postings or not. Is it possible to re-instate that functionality?

On 10/17/2018 at 2:58 PM, SarniaLo said:

It just shows the list of forums, and the date from which I followed them (stuck currently at Oct10 for some reason). There used to be, for each forum, the additional info of the latest update : thread, poster and time of posting. That was very useful for me to see at a glance if there were new posts in a forum. Currently, it's impossible to say without opening each forum if there are new postings or not. Is it possible to re-instate that functionality?

The date there is the time at which you last "began" to follow that forum, which isn't going to change unless you unfollow and refollow, or (I think) change your follow preferences.

I have not found any way either of identifying from a list of subscribed forums whether there are unread posts in them. The home page does mark each forum that has unread posts, but (IMO) it's a long, cluttered and cumbersome display of an endless list from which it's difficult to quickly identify one's subscribed forums.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lighthousemom said:

Here are long, detailed, step by step instructions for how to get to the list of all your subscribed threads, with the ones with unread content in bold. 

New CC how to.docx

Thanks, this is going to be helpful to many people, unfortunately that is not my issue. I don't want a list of subscribed threads (I never subscribe to a thread), but a list of subscribed forums, like there used to be on the User Control Panel in the old version, with the ones that had been updated showing up one way or the other.

I did find yesterday a somewhat usable solution using the Activity Stream feature though. I roughly did the same as you propose in your doc, I choose "Following : Everything" and "Content type : Topics", then using the little wheel appearing next to "Topics" I choose my forums of interest.

However then the stream features topics from these forums, all mixed up. I then decided to unfollow some forums that have a ton of message each day. That's not ideal for me at all, but I guess that will have to do. On the whole, I'll probably less active on CC (that'll save me time for other things).

1 hour ago, SarniaLo said:

I did find yesterday a somewhat usable solution using the Activity Stream feature though. I roughly did the same as you propose in your doc, I choose "Following : Everything" and "Content type : Topics", then using the little wheel appearing next to "Topics" I choose my forums of interest.

Thank you - that's a useful setting that I hadn't seen before. It's not as good, for the reasons you mention, but it'll be a reasonable workaround for the less busy forums which I follow.

There's also a bug. I've selected "Britain", which is a sub-forum of "Europe". However, neither "Britain" nor "Europe" threads show up, even though threads in other followed Ports of Call forums do show up.