CC Member Lookup

5 minutes ago, waltd said:

How do we look up a member by CC sign on?   Has that function been taken away?

When you click in the search box, a little window pops up below.  Under 'Search In', click 'More', then you can select Members. Put in your search term and hit enter.

Does that give you what you want?

Yes and no.    It's at least a start.   The old system you could look up by letter in alphabet if you didn't quite know the correct sign in.   Also it doesn't look like the search includes all posts.   At least the one I was looking  at didn't pull in the roll calls.  Also don't see a way to tag the name so you don't have to keep looking it up. 

@waltd, In an edit box, i.e. reply, type @ followed by the first few letters. Wait a bit and a list of usernames will pop. Highlight the one you want and press enter. This will place the username in the edit box. (On my system its white text on blue background.) Hover the mouse button over the name.

Another way if the user is logged in is to go to the Forums page type Ctrl+F (find), and the first few letters of the username. That should find the username. Hover to view profile summary, click to go to profile.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, waltd said:

Thank you both.    I guess it's workable.   For some reason the old system seemed easier or maybe I was just use to it.   😀

Doing some things was easier in the old system. Certainly our unfamiliarity with the new system and the almost total change of vocabulary make it seem more complex than it really is.