Excellent tour company (Livorno) for wheelchair users

kokopelli-az

In Livorno, Italy we needed a tour that was not a full day, 8 hour tour (my husband cannot do a full day tour plus he has a collapsible wheelchair). I had contacted several tour companies inquiring about a 1/2 day tour (mainly driving without having to get in and out of the vehicle all the time) from Livorno to Pisa and Lucca.  Their answer was they did not do a 1/2 day tour. Papillon to the rescue! Roberto was our driver and living in Livorno he had a first-hand knowledge of the area. He picked us up right by the ship at 8am and the wheelchair fit into the trunk of the vehicle perfectly. We went to Pisa, parked very near the Leaning Tower and I went to take pics of it. We drove around Pisa and he pointed out numerous highlights. We then took the "back road" up into the hills to Lucca. Lucca was the highlight of our entire cruise. We saw great sites and even went inside of the wall (pic attached) surrounding the town. Afterwards, we drove back to Livorno via the toll road and drove around seeing some sights of Livorno. Roberto then dropped us back at our ship very close to the gangplank. My husband did not get out anywhere because it is hard for him to do so but I got out at a few stops. This was the perfect tour for us or for anyone who needs to use a wheelchair or wants a 1/2 day tour. Papillon had a special permit (for disabled) that allowed the vehicle to get close to sites that you would ordinarily have to walk to get to. They even had permission to get close to the ship for us to get on and off. I recommend them without hesitation.   https://www.papillonservice.com/

Inside the walls at Lucca - yes that's a big statute at the end.jpg