Amerisuites in Ft. Lauderdale

LindaJSteele

Does anyone know if Amerisuites will still let you park your car there if you stay a night before your cruise? We did this a few years ago and saved the parking fee. If so, has anyone gotten a good rate, and how? I know about the biddingforfun website, but I don't know if I want to take a chance on Priceline or Hotwire; that backfired once.

They also have a great "Continental Breakfast" more like a real breakfast, coffee, tea, juice, fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs, bacon, pastries and make-your-own-waffles. Stayed there in 2004 before a Legend sailing and going to be there again before this years.

Needed to return a rental car to the airport night before the cruis (had been in Florida for a week already visiting my sister) and they had their shuttle pick me up at the airport after I returned the car and the Avis shuttle took me back to the hotel pick-up area.............just a nice hotel, not fancy, but fine anyway.............Couple of liquor stores and markets in walking distance and an Outback Restuarant just 2 doors down for dinner.

I also don't understand the msnbc link. I have, however, been to the site suggested for valuetrips. I had already researched that. We stayed at the Amerisuites before "for a song" basically. Now, the rate on even valuetrips is a lot more than what we paid. I'll pay that since parking is free; I just thought someone else may have another idea. Thanks for the input.

Linda, prices are up CONSIDERABLY all over South Florida this winter and spring over what they have been in past years. MANY people are suffering from "sticker shock". I know how cheap the rates there were in the past few years, but those bargain basement prices just don't exist anymore. With the King Tut exhibit on now and tourism and occupancy way up hotels can simply get a LOT more money now. If you can get a budget hotel that's not scary for less than $150/night anymore you consider yourself lucky!

Archived