Space Allowed

I'm getting used to the new version and really like the new features. It will take some getting use to, but I think we all will get there.

Have a question that may have been asked, but can't find it - so please forgive me if this is a duplicate.

I noticed we have a "storage space allotment" with the new version. Is there a list of what counts against the allotment? I believe the following, but is there anything else?

1. Pictures
  2. Attachments

In reference to pictures, I assume this applies to pictures posted directly to the site (where we "drag and drop from our Desktop for example) and not pictures hosted on another site? If so, are there suggestions for reducing the size of the "file", e.g., jpg vs a different format?

Are we able to delete attachments from old posts? OR, will the entire post have to be deleted? (If so, guess this will impact our post count??)

• I have posts dating back years where I shared a Packing List, etc., that really is no longer needed and does not need to consume server storage.

Thanks for all your hard work on the upgrade. Also, thanks to all the Cruise Critic members for the great information sharing. I am learning a lot.

Doug

We do have an allotment set but I wouldn't worry too much about it.  We certainly don't want to discourage the sharing of photos and video.

I have this jotted down to discuss but I really don't see us ever trying to prevent sharing.

Oh and to answer, there is not a way to delete attachments at the moment