Super family or YC?

nayuval

Hi,

For a family of 5 (2, 8 and 13 y/o children).

Would you go for the super family (advantages of more space , 2 bathrooms etc.) or the deluxe YC with its advantages but smaller comparing the super family.

Going MSC first time, 2nd cruise after we did the Symphony ( 2 connecting rooms).

Thanks

I went with Super family.   Space is really important to us.  Also, as great as yacht club sounds, wasn't worth the extra money for us.  I think you have to decide for yourself.  I think if it was just the two adults, I'd opt for YC, maybe.

I think yacht club is great for kids. The Topsail lounge and pool area allow kids a bit more freedom in a safer environment. The smaller room will be less if a problem because there is so much room to spread out in yacht club. If your kids argue and get on each others nerves, you can send one to Topsail for snacks or up to the pool to cool off, etc. It's kind of like an enclave with wonderful service and more space to spread out as a family. In yacht club we were always able to find four loungers grouped together no matter the time of day. That would be most difficult in the other pool areas. 

• Like 1

What's the price difference?  Since MSC heavily discounts the children's pricing, YC might actually not be much more expensive.  We chose to go with YC balcony rather than a super family.  While I certainly value space, I think we'll choose to spend more time outside of our room.  The YC features really appeal to me. 

The Yacht Club is the best value for a higher class of service on the Caribbean Seas right now. My family and I have done Disney Concierge, Norwegian Haven Class, and Yacht Club aboard the MSC Divina. And I can honestly say that MSC has a great experience built into the Yacht Club. From priority boarding and exiting at all the ports, to the private embarkation lounge in Miami, to the dedicated butler services, to the Yacht Club pool deck, to the Top Sail Lounge - it can't be beat! Trust me. Everyone knows how crowded any pool deck can be on a beautiful day at sea aboard a large ocean liner. In the Yacht Club, you'll still have plenty of space to spread out pool side without having to worry about finding other passenger's towels laid out all over the place trying to lay claim on the best spots. Alcohol is included in the price, so you can drink to your heart's content any where onboard. The price of gelato is also included in the price. It's great! Trust me - go for it! I promise you that you will not want to cruise any other way. My family's next Yacht Club cruise is the week of Independence Day 2019 and we can't wait!

On 10/23/2018 at 7:48 PM, kodesthemoose said:

What's the price difference?  Since MSC heavily discounts the children's pricing, YC might actually not be much more expensive.  We chose to go with YC balcony rather than a super family.  While I certainly value space, I think we'll choose to spend more time outside of our room.  The YC features really appeal to me. 

Difference is approx. 600 dollars, after taking into account the drink package that I would do anyway for all of us. 

I decided with your help all that we will book the YC. 

Cannot wait for next September.