Alaska Deployment 2020

Coral

12 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

The connoisseur tours are definitely worth taking.  Take the 15 day cruise tour with the land tour before the cruise.

Thanks, that's what  I was hoping

Another question- with Princess is it better to book early or wait for a late deal?

TIA Cathy

Edited by Cathygh
to add more info

2 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Thanks, that's what  I was hoping

Another question- with Princess is it better to book early or wait for a late deal?

TIA Cathy

If you want a connoisseur tour, you need to book early. If you are in the US you can often re-fare, just make sure you book with a refundable deposit.

Edited by Coral

6 hours ago, Coral said:

If you want a connoisseur tour, you need to book early. If you are in the US you can often re-fare, just make sure you book with a refundable deposit.

Coral thanks for your advice. Sadly I am in the UK where we are not able to refare.

Edited by Cathygh

Oooh so the cruisetours do go on sale?  I was under the impression that those never were part of the deals like 3 for free and fare drops and such...will for sure keep my eye out for those drops!

6 hours ago, Coral said:

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Oooh so the cruisetours do go on sale?  I was under the impression that those never were part of the deals like 3 for free and fare drops and such...will for sure keep my eye out for those drops!

No not really - they don't go on sale. You may be able to go from promo to promo if there is still space open. My sister did a tour this summer and she booked it under an Anniversary sale. The tour itself you don't get anything but the cruise you do.

2 hours ago, Dreamer115 said:

Do you think the 3 for free that is on until the 19th of November will be available when booking these cruises?

No, it is only good for cruises through Spring 2020. You would need to re-fare it next year (same time next year).

11 minutes ago, Dreamer115 said:

Coral, I actually got the brochure in the mail today from Princess and the 3 for free is available on these cruises if booked before the 19th as well as free cruisetour cash. 

What...how do I sign up for the brochures.....

1 minute ago, cruzrbachoua said:

What...how do I sign up for the brochures.....

I get them all the time in the mail.  Sometimes they are a nuisance but this time I am glad I got it.  If you have cruised with Princess before and have a Number go into your profile and you can find it there to receive online or in the mail.

30 minutes ago, Dreamer115 said:

Coral, I actually got the brochure in the mail today from Princess and the 3 for free is available on these cruises if booked before the 19th as well as free cruisetour cash. 

I would double check that. I think it is only good for cruises in 2019 through spring 2020. They have barely even announced the 2020 cruises.

3 FOR FREE FOR EVERYONE!

‭EVERYONE can enjoy all three on select cruises and cruisetours sailing Summer 2019 – Spring 2020.‬‬‬‬

EVERYONE in a stateroom enjoys:

FREE stateroom location upgrade

FREE gratuities††(valued at up to $15.50 per guest, per day)
FREE onboard spending money
‡‡(valued at up to $200 per guest, for ALL guests)

Edited by Coral

2 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Dreamer115...thanks..I do get some of the flyers..don’t recall getting the ones for sales...we have sailed with Princess numerous times..will go check my profile.

I seem to get 3 per week from Princess alone.

Thank you for posting the itineraries. Will the details for each itineraries-meaning the port times-be available before they are open for sale? Port times sometimes help me choose one over another. Wanted to try and narrow down my choice ahead of time so I can book as soon as they open.  Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Secretlyfi said:

Thank you for posting the itineraries. Will the details for each itineraries-meaning the port times-be available before they are open for sale? Port times sometimes help me choose one over another. Wanted to try and narrow down my choice ahead of time so I can book as soon as they open.  Thanks!

Most of the one ways (time) doesn't change from year to year. It would be the RT out of SFO that I would want to double check times before booking.

Edited by Coral

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:35 PM, Coral said:

What makes you Elite?  I've only cruised with Princess once before.

1 hour ago, emckeeve said:

What makes you Elite?  I've only cruised with Princess once before.

Elite is the highest membership level in the Princess Captains' Circle loyalty club.  It requires that you complete a certain number of cruise credits or days cruising on Princess ships.  You can read about it on the Princess website.

On 10/22/2018 at 7:35 PM, Coral said:

I have looked at this information so many times my head is spinning and I cannot think straight.  Is the date listed (i.e Grand 5/22 for Connoisseur RB8) the date the cruise starts from Whittier/Anchorage or the date of land portion starting?   I have changed my mind 100 times already on which cruisetour we want to do in 2020  🙂

TIA

maryinnc aka durangokid

6 minutes ago, durangokid said:

I have looked at this information so many times my head is spinning and I cannot think straight.  Is the date listed (i.e Grand 5/22 for Connoisseur RB8) the date the cruise starts from Whittier/Anchorage or the date of land portion starting?   I have changed my mind 100 times already on which cruisetour we want to do in 2020  🙂

TIA

maryinnc aka durangokid

How I read it - it starts in Fairbanks on 5/22. Be careful with this as you don't want to hit Denali before June 1. I would go for the next one on 6/5.

I found the reference flyer easier to read.

Edited by Coral