Cruising w/teens Monarch or Paradise?

PJK

We are planning on taking my 16 year old daughter & 17 year old son on their first cruise in May. Can anyone who has been on both these ships give me your opinions as to which would be more fun for my children?

Do they have teen disco's? If so are they safe? What kind of activities do they have during the day if we chose not to go ashore? What activites do they have at night?

Thank you in advanced.

Pam

not directly on those two ships but Voyager and Victory.

we had a great time on both ships. My kids prefered Victory for night time activites for them.

A cruise is what you make it to be.

We've been on both the Monarch and just got off the Paradise on 12/30. Our boys were 14 and 18 when on the Monarch, 16 and 20 on the Paradise. I would say they had more fun on the Monarch, as teenagers. While Carnival has more 'kid' programs while, for my sons, the Monarch was geared more to their ages. From the rockwall, basketball court, ping pong, etc. to the night entertainment, they had a great time. As far as safety, we still give them the lecture of expected behavior, drinking, going to other peoples cabins....curfew. Same rules as home and we've never had a problem.

Our guys have cruised since they were 9 and 13, and have never been into the 'teen club' type activities. On the Monarch and Paradise cruises they had dinner with us each night, went on excursions with us. We did the four day Monarch twice, one time we walked across Coranado Island to the Del Coranado hotel, it was a great opportunity to spend time together and we all enjoyed the beach. We went to La Bufadora and they enjoyed bargaining for their $40 'rolex' watches. Catalina, we rented the golf carts and although they weren't allowed to drive them we all had a good time tooling around the island.

Have never sailed with Carnival, so can only add my 50%. Am taking DD on her 3rd cruise in Feb. Her first was on the Monarch when she was 13 and her sister was 10, her second cruise was on the Vision this past May. She is celebrating her 16th b-day on the Monarch next month - her choice of what to do on this landmark occasion - a mom and daughter cruise:D ! Both of my girls loved the Monarch and the Vision - lots to do and see, but not too much supervision for the older teens. Some activities are organized, but most have a lot to do with just "hanging out" and meeting new friends. They'll have fun no matter what cruise line you choose!

Archived