Will we enjoy Anthem after Harmony?

edspec

Anthem draws heavily from NY and NJ and we are a tough crowd so I think that's part of the reason for the bad reviews. The main dining room is very different from the grand ballroom style of dining experienced cruisers may remember. I'm a repeat Anthem cruiser, it's just incredibly convenient to be so close to Bayonne. I think it's important to identify what you want out of your cruise experience. For me, it's a chance to get away from work, the news, etc., and just relax with a book and a water view. I've enjoyed some meals more than others but I've yet to be asked to wash the dishes so it's all good. Every cruise I've been on is unique, even on the same ship. Go in with a positive mindset and have a wonderful time.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:57 PM, Max and Ruby said:

I too am concerned about Anthem.  Just got off Oasis by myself and it would have been PERFECT for my kids!  Central Park, the Boardwalk and 4 pool areas were great.  Except for Windjammer at times, the crowds seemed spaced out.  No real clogged areas.

I booked a 9 night out of NJ so we can drive in and drive home.  Plus the 9 night was cheaper than Harmony and we must go during summer.

I will just place the experience in my memory and think about taking them on the Oasis class in 2020 when the family is thinking about extended family cruise. 🙂

So funny I just read this post.  I had two grand suites booked on Anthem in June and loved that it was 9 days and cheaper but I have never been on this class.  I have been on Oasis class 15 times in the past 6 years and have grown to love these ships.  I just cancelled the reservation today because I just don't think I'm going to like the ship for different reasons.  I think you have to go with your gut instinct.  I love the bigger ships and the open feeling on outer decks and I don't think I will have that same feeling on the Anthem.

I've been on Anthem about 4 times so far, and just was on Harmony and Allure last month. I look forward to going on the Anthem again in December, after having many times complained about several aspects of Quantum class ships, especially the dining rooms. I really didn't much like the Oasis class ships in general, but found I liked Allure better than Harmony. And now I really have no particular interest in seeking out a cruise on Symphony! 

But that's just me. 🙂

I'm sure that generally speaking kids would find the Harmony better overall than Allure or Anthem. But I don't really think they'd not like the Anthem, just that they'd prefer Harmony after trying both.

We were on the Oasis 2 times and wondered about stepping down to the Anthem but we loved it.  We felt there was more to do: bumper cars, ifly, roller skating, trapeze and did mention ifly.  That was the big hit, even with my 11 yr old granddaughter.  I have to say, we did not eat at any of the typical places, our Star Class let us enjoy the speciality restaurants and the Coastal Kitchen and we had no problems with any of the food from any of the restaurants.  We loved the Anthem so much we are going 2 more times and are looking at Alaska on the Ovation.  I do agree with what someone has already said, if you go into your new cruise with a positive attitude you will enjoy it.  A day without cooking and cleaning is a good day regardless of what ship you are on.  I hope you enjoy the Anthem as much as we did.