Residence Inn Vancouver

madre2

I am looking at a pre cruise stay in Vancouver, and most hotels are so expensive. I do not want to stay in a dirty hotel out of the tourist area.   We will need 3 rooms, so trying to not book the $500-600 night rooms.  Residence Inn seems more economical, but still decent.  Does anyone know if it is in a decent area...and at a good location for sightseeing?

The Marriott?  Perfectly fine though there may be a lot of construction around (lots and lots of high-rise condos in the vicinity).  Probably not the very best for sightseeing but it isn't far to walk if you're able (though I'm not sure what I'd see as a tourist in Vancouver as I'm not one). Note: There are still homeless and the down 'n outs around.  I'd be more worried about nightclub patrons from the 'burbs on weekend nights on Granville St.  So situation awareness is always called for anywhere.

I just stayed at the Residence Inn on Hornby St. 2 weeks ago. It's a nice hotel and is close to many restaurants. As another poster mentioned, there is plenty of construction going on in the neighborhood. I would not call it a tourist area really but it is not too far from Granville Island which is fun to visit. Other sights likely would require a taxi.