Questions about Conquest Class

SoFloDeb

Everyone has been so helpful on this board and I appreciate it. Not having been on any of the newer Carnival ships I have a few questions regarding "additional fee" items.

I realize the "supper club" is $25 pp and that sounds like something hubby and I would like. We enjoyed Chops on Mariner of the Seas very much and plan to do the "supper club" on Valor.

What about the "sur de mer" (not sure if that's the right name) - is this also an "additional fee" venue?

Do they come around with shooters in those pretty little metallic glasses after dinner?

Can you bring your own wine to dinner and have waiter serve it, and pay a corkage fee?

Is breakfast and lunch open seating in the dining room or do you sit at your assigned table at a specific time. I believe I read somewhere that there are actually four different dinner times: 5:45, 6:00, 8:00 and 8:15. Does that sound right to you all?

Thanks in advance for the info - I realize our cruise is far away, but this is what keeps me happy till we sail. icon_cool.gif

Deb in South Florida

Carnival Valor 01/23/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;01;22;13;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner of the Seas 3/14/04

Golden Princess 01/25/03

Voyager of the Seas 12/01

Majesty of the Seas 11/00

Carnival's Ecstasy 12/99

Carnival's Paradise 11/98

NCL Westward 9/93

MS Dolphin 9/92

Sky Princess 4/91

Regent Sun 4/90

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoFloDeb:

What about the "sur de mer" (not sure if that's the right name) - is this also an "additional fee" venue?

It is called Sur Mer and I do not believe there is an additional charge. We did not eat there but there was a lot of unique food items...even octopus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do they come around with shooters in those pretty little metallic glasses after dinner?

I never saw anything like that. Perhaps there is a specialty after dinner drink that would be served that way (a charge for).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can you bring your own wine to dinner and have waiter serve it, and pay a corkage fee?

You may bring your own wine to dinner. There is a $10 corkage fee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is breakfast and lunch open seating in the dining room or do you sit at your assigned table at a specific time.

We never went to dinner in the main dining room. I have read here that it is open seating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe I read somewhere that there are actually four different dinner times: 5:45, 6:00, 8:00 and 8:15. Does that sound right to you all?

This is correct.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Patti

My Conquest Review:

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=969097554&m=571102001

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

aadog.gif

You do not have to pay any additional fees to order anything from Sur Mer. It is located on the second level of the Cezanne restaurant and it's worth the wait while the prepare your food after you order it.

I never saw anyone coming around with shooters after dinner, but someone always came around during dinner and asked us if we needed to place a drink order.

You can bring your own wine to dinner and have your waiter serve it. There is a corkage fee but sometimes they will either waive it or forget to charge you for it.

You only have an assigned table for dinner. It's open seating for breakfast or lunch in the Monet dining room.

On our conquest cruise the four dinner times were as follows:

Renoir dining room: 6:15 and 8:30

Monet dining room : 5:45 and 8:00

Boatwht.gif

You guys are great! Thanks a bunch for the info! I am still in major PCD (Post Cruise Depression) after getting off our most recent cruise on 3/21. Only way to make it go away is to hang around on these boards. icon_wink.gif

Deb in South Florida

Carnival Valor 01/23/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;01;22;13;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Golden Princess 01/25/03

Carnival's Ecstasy 12/99

NCL Westward 9/93

MS Dolphin 9/92

Sky Princess 4/91

Regent Sun 4/90

Deb,

I know what you meant about PCD - we just came back off the Conquest (2nd trip on her) on March 7th and I have been grieving ever since. If you buy the wine through Carnival, like for a bon voyage thing, they do not charge you the corkage fee. Just take the bottle to dinner w/you, and your waiter will handle it. The Pointe is well worth the extra $25/person extra fee. It is an intimate dinner setting w/ 5 star service, food, etc. You will have 2 formal nights on the Sun to Sun cruise, so you may want to book the Pointe on one of the other nights. The Monet Dining Room is open seating for breakfast and lunch. icon_smile.gif

Till We Sail Again & "War Eagle!"

The after dinner drink in the supper club is a complimentary drink. I don't remember all that is in it but I do remember it having champagne and vanilla ice cream. They also bring you out some additional "chef's specials" to try during dinner.

Triumph 7/8/00 (Eastern)

Triumph 7/28/01 (Western)

Glory 7/26/03 (Eastern)

Fantasy 7/4/04 (4 Night)

Thanks you guys! All this info is getting me so psyched for this cruise! I know its still a long way away, but it comes quick enough.

Cwayne - its great that you liked Conquest so much you are sailing her again. I noticed you are from Huntsville - DH is originally from Huntsville and his parents are still there. They used to own Scrimpshire Dental Labs and we are close friends with one of the ministers there Washio Ishio. Small world, huh.

There's only one thing that dampens my enthusiasm amd that is the close mindedness of those who have not tried Carnival. I was so excited and told a few of my closer friends at the office. Their response was vrey negative. Said they would never sail Carnival. I mentioned that Carnival has made a major effrot to get rid of the "party animal", "drunk and throwing up" stigma and how awesome the food is and how beautiful the new ships are. They said they would believe after I come back.

Well, the heck with them - no one is going to rain on my parade - I'm excited and if they don't like it - too bad!!!

Thanks again y'all.

Deb in South Florida

Carnival Valor 01/23/05

Golden Princess 01/25/03

Carnival's Ecstasy 12/99

NCL Westward 9/93

MS Dolphin 9/92

Sky Princess 4/91

Regent Sun 4/90

Archived