GO TO TOPIC LISTING always goes to top of page 1

After I read through an individual topic, I click GO TO TOPIC LISTING. It always returns me to the top of the topic list (and always on page 1 whether I was on page 1 or not).  Should it not (or could it not) remember the topic I was reading and place me at that location on the page? 

14 hours ago, mets07 said:

Should it not (or could it not) remember the topic I was reading and place me at that location on the page? 

That would seem to be difficult to implement, as the topic you have just read could have changed position since then.

On the old forum, at the bottom of the page in a similar position (although closer to the right-hand side of the page) there was a forum jump drop-down which was always preset to the forum you were in. That also took you back to page 1 - so there is little change here. I don't think that there ever was a quick way of getting back to where you had been within the forum.

If you do want to do this, then two suggestions:-

1. Open the thread in a new tab, so you just close the tab when you've finished reading the thread. (This is actually how I usually read the boards.)
  2. Use the browser's back button rather than the "Go to topic listing" link. That should take you back to the forum page that you came from, although depending on your browser's cache behaviour, the exact order of threads may have changed.

Thank you, Globaliser. I think those suggestions will work for me in some cases and I will experiment with them.  When I use the blue circle or star to go to the last read item, however, it automatically opens in same tab. Not sure if I can control that. 

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

When I use the blue circle or star to go to the last read item, however, it automatically opens in same tab.

I'm glad that you've now found how to open a link in a new tab.

But in case anyone else reading this wants a hint, I can think of two ways:-

1. Right-click on the link. A context menu should open. In this menu, left-click on "Open in New Tab". (Different browsers may have slightly different wording for this option, but the meaning should be clear.)
  2. Press and hold CTRL before left-clicking on the link. This may not work on all browsers or in all configurations, but it's become a fairly standard shortcut for this.

As always, Apple computers may differ. I'm sorry that I can't help with them; I have spent 30 years trying to work them and failing.