Cococay cabanas/beach beds/enhanced lunch

Grumpydev

Hi all - we've booked on a short Bahamas cruise next April, and I'm looking to book something for Cococay, but I'm a bit confused what the best option is. I was originally looking at a cabana, which comes with the enhanced lunch, but I also quite like the look of the beach bed (there's only 2 of us), but we are also in a suite, so qualify for the enhanced lunch on the cabana beach, and I'm assuming the beach bed lunch is just the standard one, or can suite guests get the enhanced one delivered?

I'm also struggling to figure out where everything is located to see if the beach beds are close to the enhanced lunch place - the only map I can find (from 2017) shows the cabanas (where I believe the lunch place is situated) off on the east side, but when I'm looking at the cabanas on the cruise planner it lists them as "south beach", which is where the map I have shows the beach beds and bungalows.

It's all very confusing, and the fact we're going just before the "new" cococay opens isn't helping, pretty much all the stuff I can find on the RC site now refers to the new version.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I would not say that the beach beds are close to the enhanced lunch.  I think maybe a 10 minute walk.  

Pretty sure we had 'food truck' delivered food with the beach bed last year.  It wasn't bad.  You picked a time for delivery as I recall. There was a gulf cart available to take us places.

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure we had 'food truck' delivered food with the beach bed last year.  It wasn't bad.  You picked a time for delivery as I recall. There was a gulf cart available to take us places.

I've read about people being given menus for lunch delivery in the past,  but I did not think that was done anymore.

Thanks for the quick replies - from what I have read the enhanced lunch is very good, so it would be a shame to miss it seeing as we qualify through the suite - although I think we should get the cabana cheaper too! Ideally we would be able to get the enhanced lunch delivered to the beach beds, but I assume that's not possible.

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I've read about people being given menus for lunch delivery in the past,  but I did not think that was done anymore.

Yep, just brought it up for our November visit, no food.

CocoLimo 🚕 is still listed.

I'm very disappointed to hear that Royal has discontinued the lunch delivery for the beach beds and bungalows.  When we booked a bungalow months ago, the delivered lunch was listed in the description.  There was only a $35 difference between the cabana and the bungalow at the time and since I'm not a huge fan of buffets (even enhanced ones) we opted for the bungalow. Of course the prices have gone up considerably for the cabanas so we can't switch now.  I'm not happy we will have to trek even further to go to the main crappy buffet.  I was really looking forward to eating in peace at our bungalow.

This must have been a pretty recent change as going back to posts in August people were getting the lunch delivered.  Hopefully enough people express their displeasure at this and Royal brings it back.

5 minutes ago, Grumpydev said:

Are the cabana and beach bed areas of the beaches quite quiet noise wise? If we're going to relax we don't want hordes of screaming kids or jet-skis buzzing past all the time.

They are far from the band and buffet area, not much noise at all.

32 minutes ago, Grumpydev said:

Are the cabana and beach bed areas of the beaches quite quiet noise wise? If we're going to relax we don't want hordes of screaming kids or jet-skis buzzing past all the time.

September 5 last year.  Right before Irma. Very secluded

IMAG6648.jpg

IMAG6649.jpg

IMAG6650.jpg

IMAG6657.jpg

Previously mentioned Food Truck

IMAG6659.jpg

Bar

IMAG6661.jpg

IMAG6662.jpg

Bungalows, beds are a better value in my opinion

IMAG6660.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

I thought I'd decided to go with the beach bed option, but I've just logged back into the planner and the beach beds no longer come with the loungers, only the bed itself. When I checked previously I'm sure the loungers were mentioned in the text, and were shown on the photos, but not any more.

I'm starting to wonder what else they might change between now and April :classic_mellow: