Accessible Balcony Cabins on Ventura.

Lottie A

I am taking my mother on a Ventura mini cruise to Bruges in November and for the first time I have booked an accessible cabin for her as she is struggling with her mobility now. It is cabin C303. I think it's a HE grade and I know it's near the lifts. 

There do not seem to be any pictures on the P&O website of the accessible cabins but I am supposing they have a wet room type shower with a seat for her? Are they much bigger in size? I know the balcony is bigger on C deck but I don't suppose we will get much use out of it in the English Channel in November! 

Any pix of the accessible balcony cabins would be appreciated. Thanks. 

We have been in a number of these cabins, and will be in C303 in January so make sure you look after it.:classic_smile:

These cabins are 50% wider than standard ones, they have normal wardrobes rather than the walk in ones that standard cabins have, and lots of drawer space as well, and they do have wet room bathrooms with a drop down shower seat.

As regards pictures a simple Google search should find some, hope you enjoy your cruise.

1 hour ago, Big Foot said:

Hello,

Although it’s not on C deck you might find the photos I took on board Azura (Sister ship) useful.

https://flickr.com/photos/63185733@N02/sets/72157674471189918

Joan

Unfortunately Joan the accessible cabin in your photos is the De-Luxe version on D Deck which is a bit plusher than the standard ones, however the bathroom looks similar.

Try this link, the photos are of Ruby Princess which is a very close sister of Ventura, however the decor is a bit different, but the wet room and cabin facilities are very similar although P&O have 2 sets of double drawers rather than the double and single on these.

https://goo.gl/SuCQoH

Edited by terrierjohn

• 2 weeks later...

Little bit annoyed with P&O. When I booked this accessible cabin on the phone direct I specified "no upgrades" for obvious reasons as my mother now needs an accessible cabin. I was quite definite about it. So then I had an email yesterday telling me they were pleased to inform me that I had a complimentary upgrade to a suite! 

I rang them immediately and after a lot of "sorry, there is nothing we can do" eventually they acknowledged that I had said "no upgrades" when I booked and have moved us back to the accessible cabin. It took me 10 minutes of arguing with a supervisor though. 

I did think that if you said "no upgrades" when you booked that they would listen to that request as it meant you needed the cabin you originally booked. If it was just me it wouldn't have mattered at all, but my mother needs an accessible cabin. I do think they had sold the cabin to someone else and thought we would accept the suite upgrade without question. 

They did offer me an extra £60 OBC for compensation though. That was nice of them but I just wish they had left my booking alone in the first place. 

On 11/7/2018 at 5:02 PM, Lottie A said:

Little bit annoyed with P&O. When I booked this accessible cabin on the phone direct I specified "no upgrades" for obvious reasons as my mother now needs an accessible cabin. I was quite definite about it. So then I had an email yesterday telling me they were pleased to inform me that I had a complimentary upgrade to a suite! 

I rang them immediately and after a lot of "sorry, there is nothing we can do" eventually they acknowledged that I had said "no upgrades" when I booked and have moved us back to the accessible cabin. It took me 10 minutes of arguing with a supervisor though. 

I did think that if you said "no upgrades" when you booked that they would listen to that request as it meant you needed the cabin you originally booked. If it was just me it wouldn't have mattered at all, but my mother needs an accessible cabin. I do think they had sold the cabin to someone else and thought we would accept the suite upgrade without question. 

They did offer me an extra £60 OBC for compensation though. That was nice of them but I just wish they had left my booking alone in the first place. 

We book via a TA and always assume that booking an accessible cabin means you definitely don't want an upgrade, especially from a C deck balcony, and so far have never had any issues. 

We did once receive a phone call from P&O via our TA asking if we would consider changing our accessible cabin, the one we had booked was a possible 4 berth and they had a passenger wanting the extra berths.  Unfortunately we need specific "handed" cabins because my DW can only use her left hand, and P&O were proposing moving us to one with right handed shower and toilet positions, which meant we had to decline despite their generous offer of extra OBC.

Thank you for that info terrierjohn. I must admit I was really surprised as I had very clearly stated we did not want an "upgrade" on booking. 

Anyway all is well now and we are looking forward to our cruise. Ventura will be wearing her Christmas decorations and the Christmas Market in Bruges will be on. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just some feedback on accessible cabin C303 on Ventura. We did a lovely mini cruise to Bruges last weekend. 

Cabin C303 is very well positioned directly opposite the forward lifts yet we never heard any noise. 

It is very spacious with plenty of storage. The bathroom is perfect for a diasabled person and my mother found the grab rails very helpful. The shower is powerful and easy to operate. My mother used the seat provided and found it very easy. 

The beds are very comfortable with plenty of space for a wheelchair to get close if required. The balcony is simply huge! We did not use it much being in The English Channel in late November but I can imagine it would be well used in warmer climes. 

The cruise itself was lovely although it was freezing cold in Bruges. We wrapped up warm and stopped for a few hot chocolates near a roaring fire in the squares. The Christmas Market was lovely and we will definitely go again next year. Ventura looked very festive with her Christmas decorations and I must say the food was generally excellent on this cruise. Much better than on Azura a few weeks previously. The majority of the pax really dressed up for formal night and the atmosphere around the ship was lovely. We met some very nice people and I very much enjoyed the flights of Gin in Metropolis Bar and the Party Flight of bubbles in The Glasshouse. 

As I was looking for some pictures of the cabin before we went, I took these and hope someone finds them useful. 

IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_1904.JPG

IMG_1905.JPG

IMG_1906.JPG

IMG_1907.JPG

IMG_1909.JPG

IMG_1910.JPG

1 hour ago, happytravelleruk said:

Thanks.  We've not been on Riviera deck before.

If we can't get C deck then Riviera is our 2nd choice, mainly because they are a lower grade than A and B deck but identical, except for a very tiny overhang above the balcony, which has never troubled us when we have been on R deck.

The other advantage is that you are only 1 deck away from the lido burger bar, grab & Go and Pizzeria, which for the AB passenger is ideal for grabbing a snack lunch to bring back and eat on the balcony.