Is the any ballroom dancing in Diamond Princess on a Asia cruise? Thanks

gam888

We are considering sailing on the Diamond Princess on a 12 day cruise sailing out of Singapore in January. Just wondering if there is any venue for us to do some ballroom dancing? Anyone who has sailed on her recently, could you please share your experience with us regarding the ship, what music does the house band play? How many dance venues are there....etc. Just curious what type of  activities will be offered on the ship?  What is the demographic of the ship? Any info on the ship is welcome. Thank you in advance.

We did a repositioning cruise on Diamond earlier this year, from Sydney to Tokyo. The Wheelhouse Bar has various entertainers and we often noticed people dancing there. Also I think there are some ballroom dancing sessions in the Explorers Lounge but they seem to use recorded music for those. There may also be other times when there is live music there. Ballroom dancing is very popular in some Asian countries so they might have more sessions on Asian cruises.

I'm not sure what the demographic will be on an Asian itinerary. There will probably be the usual activities - trivia, bingo, art auctions, maybe some port lectures, various demonstrations (ie cocktail making) in the Atrium. Apart from trivia we don't tend to take much notice of what's going on inside the ship as we prefer being outside on warm weather cruises.

Diamond is a lovely ship, probably my favourite so far. If you need a quiet spot to sit inside during the day head up to Skywalkers. Diamond has a Japanese bathhouse - I didn't get a chance to try it as I'd just had minor surgery on my back so didn't want to soak in hot water but it looked nice, you can view it on embarkation day. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ