Norwegian Jade - Cabin (Stateroom) power?

Euby

This is my first NCL cruise and first time on the Jade.  I'll be in a balcony cabin.  Is the power in the cabin controlled by using a key card or is it like a normal room? 

This post is not intended to start any "discussion" about bypassing key cards.  I just want to know what to expect.

Edited by Euby

Something I noticed on the Dawn recently is that NCL apparently is emphasizing European type electrical outlets.  Our SF cabin had only 2 US type outlets, one at the desk and one in the bathroom, and I believe 6 European types scattered around otherwise.  Some guests were borrowing extension cords from the front desk to run power from the bathroom.  I have since bought a couple electrical converters to take with us next cruise if necessary.  

I was on the Jade last week and there is no slot for a key card, it's just a regular switch by the door.

Interesting about the Dawn and the European outlets.  The Jade definitely has the opposite ratio.  I think on each side of the cabin (by the desk and also at the little counter below the TV) there were two North American type outlets and one European one, plus a USB port.  There may have been one more North American type outlet on one side.  There were also USB ports at the small lights at the head of the beds.  Razor-only outlet above mirror in bathroom.