Question about excursion offered in multiple languages

FSU Girl

I booked an excursion through the cruise to Pompeii. It has multiple languages listed for this excursion, but I didn't notice that an option on a lot of the other excursions in port. Does that mean there will be multiple excursions offered in each language, or there will just be one, but they'll give people a recording to listen to in the correct language? Or they'll have one tour guide repeat what they are saying multiple times in different languages? I'm wondering if I should switch to one of the other excursions that does Pompeii and something else that doesn't have multiple languages mentioned?   

I rarely use excursions, so I'm not an expert on this, but the few I have taken have usually been in Europe and have included ones that are offered in multiple languages.

In my experience, the excursions are all separate. I have never been on an excursion where the guide is communicating in multiple languages. If you are looked on an English Pompeii excursion then English will be the only language the guide uses (although I have seen guides talk to people in different languages outside of when he is addressing the main group).

I obviously have never been on one of the other language tours, so can't say whether they are all kept totally separate, or whether guides may do it in a couple of languages. I imagine that could happen if only a few people sign up, but that won't be a problem for the English tours, where there are likely to be multiple buses full of people.

• Like 1

Normally each shorex is led by someone who speaks the language it is stated to be in.  So normally all are in English but some are offered in other languages which I think happens when they get a group cruise booking from that language group or a large number of bookings from people with that language.

• Like 1