2;00 pm departure from Costa Maya

vpearlkc

We will be cruising on the Breakaway on Dec. 16 and our last port will be Costa Maya.

Since we have to leave at 2:00 we are considering just hanging out at the docking area instead of going into Mahahual to hang out at the beach as we usually do. Have only walked through the docking area and wonder if it is a good place to kill a few hours. Are there some ocean front dining front options or other things to do there besides shopping? Any ideas from people who have spent time there?

The other option is to just stay on the ship. Have never done this on any of our seven cruises cruises so far. Is this a good idea?

some people like the pool bar at Costa Maya, I've been there twice and didn't like the port area, if I can't find (don't have time for)  a private tour to get me away, I will stay on the ship if I am ever back in Costa Maya (I've only done this once in 15 cruises & it was due to illness)

17 minutes ago, YVRBassElectric said:

some people like the pool bar at Costa Maya, I've been there twice and didn't like the port area, if I can't find (don't have time for)  a private tour to get me away, I will stay on the ship if I am ever back in Costa Maya (I've only done this once in 15 cruises & it was due to illness)

Sounds like a good idea. I have walked by the pool bar and it didn't look great. Maybe a quick stroll around the shopping area and back to the ship for free drinks and lunch.

51 minutes ago, snownow said:

Just south of the port area is a strip of beach with several bars/restaurants.  It would be a better choice than the stuff at port.  Several have beach chairs... for customers. 

Yes, that's Mahahual....

We enjoyed the port area actually. The tequileria was a big win in our books. Try the lychee mezcalrita. Lots of shopping and sun to be had when we were in port in late September.  The pool area was busy but not over stuffed. We had one other ship in port with us and never felt overly crowded. 

Whatever you end up doing just enjoy your day and make sure you're back in port in time to leave! 

• Like 1