BOOKED!!!(let’s try this again)

skidawg79

On the Freedon out of San Juan on 5/26!!   First time back on ROyal Caribbean since 2011 on the Oasis.  My last 3 were on Carnival.  Really excited and May can’t get here quick enough.   Any Royal Caribbean tips, advice, differences from Carnival?     How often does the drink package go on sale? Haha

We have taken a couple cruises on Carnival, but we truly love RCI!  I say that there is no such thing as a bad cruise, however it seems there is more stuff to do on Royal ships and the service is better.  I am watching the beverage packages for my upcoming cruise in May, also.  I think the one chance of there being a sale on these packages, may be Black Friday/Cyber Monday???  I'm crossing my fingers!!

• Like 1

Cruise Planner sales happen twice a month starting about 6 months before your sail date.  They are a little different each time so check frequently and buy when you see a price you are happy with.  You can always cancel and rebook if the price drops later.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SuiteLady said:

We have taken a couple cruises on Carnival, but we truly love RCI!  I say that there is no such thing as a bad cruise, however it seems there is more stuff to do on Royal ships and the service is better.  I am watching the beverage packages for my upcoming cruise in May, also.  I think the one chance of there being a sale on these packages, may be Black Friday/Cyber Monday???  I'm crossing my fingers!!

I usually get e-mails from RCL when they have sales.  Sales usually apply to SR, internet, tours and drinks.  One of the promo offered on our upcoming Symphony was a sale combining drink with internet package.  As TimF mentioned, keep checking your cruise planner in the absence of any RCL announcements.

WOOHOO!  So excited for you and Leah!

Yes, keep checking the cruise planner. I have already booked and changed 3 different things. Booked one-device internet for $14.99 cancelled for $11.99, booked lunch at Chops at $22 and cancelled for $17.50, then had BOGO for $40, switched to 3-night dining package at $60. I'm glad I booked the Deluxe Beverage Package for $48, as it's now $50. But I'm hoping it goes down to $42 on Black Friday. Also, it's worth noting, sales seem to happen Friday through Sunday, and every week it seems like a different thing on sale. I have not seen the beverage package below $48 since I booked mid-July. I do not get e-mails from RC when things are on sale, but maybe because I booked through a TA?  I just keep checking.

Here is a link to CC's Caribbean Ports of Call board. It's helpful to get ideas what to do in each port, or at least help you get started thinking about it.  Have fun planning!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/

Edited by EeyoreRN
added info