ovation of the seas/wow bands

I am sailing in November and would like to know if anyone has used the WOW Bands and are they better than the card? and probably a dumb question, but are they waterproof?

thanks Wendyb10.

Edited by Wendyb10

They're convenient in that you don't have to carry a card onboard, especially beneficial if doing water activities.

Paying for drinks you may need to take it off for the staff member to process the charge. Also, if going ashore you need your card with you. So they're not a full substitute but they work in most instances.

The best thing about them is being able to open your cabin door when your hands are full, just put your wrist near the door. They are only good for on the ship though, as mentioned, you still need your seapass /card to get off and on the ship.

17 minutes ago, Wendyb10 said:

MicCanberra, I have an interior cabin. Do they not work on all cabins? Also, I read that you could use them on future cruises. They said they just need to re program them. 

They work on all cabins.

I read that some people have success getting their reprogrammed or even swapped, but I am going to get a new one anyway so I can collect them.

2 hours ago, Wendyb10 said:

MicCanberra, I have an interior cabin. Do they not work on all cabins? Also, I read that you could use them on future cruises. They said they just need to re program them. 

They only work for your cabin. they may need be able to be reprogrammed but your cabin on the next cruise will need to be in the same muster station as this is written on it.

2 hours ago, Scyl said:

They work on all cabins.

I read that some people have success getting their reprogrammed or even swapped, but I am going to get a new one anyway so I can collect them.

2 hours ago, Wendyb10 said:

Thanks Scyl. As you say, you can never have enough souvenirs :classic_biggrin:

Depends what you do with them I suppose, if they can be reprogrammed to control grand kids that would be great

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, MicCanberra said:

They are a one cruise use only as they have the muster station number on them.

They can reprogram/reissue as needed for future cruises, so you can effectively keep using them.

Regarding muster station they don't always worry about whether it's correct or not. It isn't required formally, as long as you remember where you get to (which you should once you've done the drill).