Quick Cat IS Guarantee Question

texanaust

On 11/3/2018 at 8:44 AM, okgirl said:

No.  Upper/Lowers are category 1 cabins, interiors are category 4.

Yup, I agree. I once booked a cat 4 guarantee and ended up in cabin 1102 on Glory. That was an oceanview, first cabin port side deck 11. It had a floor to ceiling wall to wall window. It was fabulous. What a GREAT upgrade!

I could be wrong, but I thought when you are booking a guarantee that you can only choose the type of room. Meaning, interior, oceanview, balcony or suite. Not the category within those types.

I say this because I was looking at a guarantee for a Christmas week cruise and the price as the same whether I choose an interior upper/lower or a regular interior (not upper/lower). It was even the same if I choose a porthole. I think if you choose an interior guarantee you could wind up with any of those types.

It is a bit misleading how Carnival’s website is set up in this case. Choosing all types of interiors, and then guarantee, brings you to the exact same rate. So some people think they are guaranteed a porthole, for example, because that’s how they got to the guaranteed rate. But they are just guaranteed an interior. 

If im wrong, please feel free to correct me, because I would honestly like to know if this is not the case. Might change my mind about taking a chance on a guarantee. 

ETA: I don’t think I’m wrong, though, because I tried it again. The Pack & Go rate for the Elation leaving 12/22 is the same $1,449 rate for two people whether you select interior upper/lower or interior porthole. 

In the fine print it does say you are only selecting the category (interior, ocean view, balcony or suite). But it does mention something about upper/lowers, so maybe that’s the one exception. 

703719D3-F488-4971-95A3-09C148F03A57.jpeg

Edited by bakersdozen12

On 11/2/2018 at 10:21 PM, texanaust said:

Hi,

If one books an IS guarantee (Carnival Conquest), does this include the possibility of getting an upper/lower inside stateroom?  Thank you in advance for the advice!!

The Carnival Conquest has no upper and lower cabins just for the record. The 1As, on deck 6 7 and 8, both twin beds push together and great mid deck location. the cabins arent entirely as square so they are marked 1As, Ive been in every one of these 3.

If its just me i try to find a 1A with a port hole, these have one twin and one sofa bed. They do not push together but almost the size of a OV. I love seeing out and the larger size.These are down on decks 1 and 2. Probably not a favorite of married couples.

In fact I have one booked now and it says twins that do not push together in the description on my booking. or something different. Im booked in one of these 1As on Vista this time. But Ive done 1As on Conquest out the kazoo and they dont have upper and lowers. they have some twins that do push together, and some that are sofa bed and twins.