Journeys Hawaii to Vancouver 10 day

Xmansmom

I have questions since this cruise is a bit different then the others:

1. The cruise is in April but I haven't seen Fast to the Fun on sale. Is it not available here?

2. The cruise doesn't leave till late in the evening. Does anyone know when we will be able to board?

3. What special events, menus, theme nights can I expect?

I also welcome and tips and suggestions. We are staying 6 days in Honolulu prior to the cruise. I've booked a place via AirBNB.

Last September we did the reverse of this cruise.  The boarding time in Vancouver was regular time for any other regular cruise, we were boarded, having lunch and exploring the Splendor without FTTF.

Special events.......

prob will include a midnight fancy buffet, much like the cruises had many years ago.  With ice sculptures, very fancy cakes and lots of fruit/vegetable art....it was too late for me to eat, but I did go early to take photos.....the day of or day before a kitchen tour was offered (free, but limited space) where we saw some of the midnight buffet creations in the making.

Ukulele lessons (don’t know if they supply instruments), and extra elegant night, meet the head officers wine/beer/mixed drink event, local performers between the islands cruising....there may be more, but I don’t remember.

I did this cruise last year.it was 11 days so we had 2 days in Honolulu though.our boarding was regular times but after check in we were allowed to get off ship and enjoy Honolulu some more.

No FTTF on a journey sailing.

Lots of special events. Throwback sea day with a captain gala, a lecturer on board, special fly on entertainers (Hawaiian dancers came on Maui night and did a Polynesian cultural show), and a few other things.

It was a great cruise! Have a great time and take good care of the ship we’re doing the Alaska sailing the day you get off!

• 1 month later...

Following this - we are looking at this one too... is this the April 10, 2020 one?  (Or are you going 2019?)

We are from Saskatchewan so I love the idea of getting off the ship in Vancouver and then a short flight home vs having to fly all the way back from Hawaii and work the next day - it also will help ease us back into the 4 hour time difference to come back west.

The one I'm looking at leaves Honolulu on a Friday (actually Good Friday in 2020) and arrives in Vancouver on a Monday.... we also plan to go to Honolulu earlier (Monday the 6th) and stay for 4 nights.  Seriously considering booking this one soon....

Good to know that there's no FTTF though so I don't go crazy trying to get it - haha.  Leaving so late in Honolulu though I don't even figure it's worth it, won't be any rush to get on the ship either as we have 5 whole sea days!

Edited by WorkerBee74