How early can you board the ship?

slugg

11 hours ago, CRZR58 said:

Cruise before that, we showed up first thing in the morning, cuz we were with the in-laws who had to be on board right away. Waited in long lines in more than one place. Got into the rush to get onboard. Room wasn't ready, so we schlepped our carry-ons around the ship while we got in line for lunch then in line for drinks.

It can be a line for security when arriving early but after that it's only to follow Haven signs or directions and there are no more lines. Early arriving passengers will get a seat in the waiting area so it's no problem to wait for awhile before boarding starts. Once onboard the ship is empty so no lines anywhere.

It's no problem to walk around with our carry-ons. We do it on the airport and can do it on the ship too.

I like the cruise too much to arrive late but it's good that people are different and prefer different things.

9 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

It's no problem to walk around with our carry-ons. We do it on the airport and can do it on the ship too.

I only ever bring a small shoulder bag with documents, medications, my kindle, sun glasses, and a change of underwear as a "carry-on" for the ship. I check my airline carry-on (roller bag) with the porters at the pier. So it is certainly no trouble at all for me to walk around the ship with just my shoulder bag. 

11 hours ago, CRZR58 said:

It's not an argument. I was just wondering why folks love to stand in lines earlier than the cruise lines ask them to be there. Now I have a better understanding and I know it's not for me.

😂😂😂 Now you understand how CC works, some great spin doctors here.

Glad some answers were provided to give the insight you were looking for.

I certainly didn't mean it as an argument, and I apologize if I came off argumentative.  We're only going to be on our second cruise, my third total, and we're still figuring out the process.  I'm honestly happy that it's possible to get on the boat early, as I didn't know that prior to seeing this topic, and getting on the boat sounds so much better than sitting around the Orlando airport.  

Argument was a poor word choice in this case.  Lively discussion covers it much better.  It's hard to read inflection and tone over these message boards.  I read some of the responses as this is the way we do it and any other way makes no sense.  I don't think anyone is being difficult to get along with.  I think when to arrive at the pier is certainly open for discussion.  Everyone will still do it the way they see fit. :classic_smile:

On 11/7/2018 at 4:11 PM, Heather1972 said:

I usually get to the terminal around 10:30 am and I'm usually one of the first ones on. The moment I'm on that ship, my vacation has started. Why wait until later is what I ask? :classic_blink:

Because some people feel their vacation starts at a point earlier than you do.  Those that choose to board later do so according to their personal preference same as those who prefer to board earlier.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hey everyone, what´s a vibe pass?

We usually arrive around midday and never had to stand in a line before...we were always thinking like this we can avoid the lines of people who´d like to board earlier.

But judging from the posts here, also people, who board earlier are (sucessfully it seems) to avoid the crowds..go figure 😄

On 11/6/2018 at 11:12 AM, CRZR58 said:

We always show up at the time they tell us to. I've never understood why folks want to show up early to stand in line. What's the advantage of getting on board before your cabin is even ready?

More of these.

IMG_1181.JPG

Edited by GA Dave
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kathbril said:

Hey everyone, what´s a vibe pass?

A pass is required to have access to the VIBE Beach Club on the newer NCL ships. The area is adult-only and is capped at a certain number to prevent crowding. The recent price increase (more than 100%) shows that demand is very high. With fewer guests, a bar, and padded loungers, the service is better than the complimentary "open to all adults" area (if there is one, Encore) that the other guests can use.

The passes are given out on embarkation day on a first come, first serve basis. With thousands of guests and usually less than 100 passes, people who do not have priority boarding try to arrive early to increase their chance of getting a pass.

Edited by Two Wheels Only