which type of cabin??

footballmom

Hubby and I will be new cruisers in November on the Conquest. We're having lots of debates on which type of cabin to cruise in (a suite is not a financial option). Input is greatly appreciated. Can't wait to cruise!!!!!!!!

11/14 Conquest cruiser

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;11;14;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Footballmom,

This is always a heavily contested question.

You'll eventually find just the right option for you and your DH, but for now I would suggest an Oceanview cabin, as its kind of in the middle of Balcony and Inside cabin.

Some passengers love to have their breakfast brought to them in their cabin and spend a lot of time in their cabin and prefer to see what the weather is like outside, therefore an Oceanview or even better, a Balcony is there choice.

Others, like myself, use the cabin for sleeping, showering and changing clothes ONLY. I'm always out and about and would rather spend the money I save on MORE cruises and duty free goods for my friends and family. So, I prefer an Inside cabin.

You'll get tons of responses to this question so piece them altogether and your own experience will dictate how you go in future cruises. icon_wink.gif

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

I would suggest a porthole or window. We have done the inside, porthole and balcony. I can't say we enjoyed the balcony. You feel salty and damp and it wasn't comfortable for breakfast for us. We didn't like the inside due to it being so dark all the time and we had trouble waking up in the a.m.. We like to have the sun in our room upon arriving to port so of course the choice is yours but I would say some sort of site outside is better than an inside cabin. Good luck and Happy Cruising

UNTIL WE SAIL AGAIN.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2005;5;8;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi! Welcome!

I agree with glrounds. It depends on how much time you spend in your cabin. Some like glrounds only use it for sleeping, showering...My DH and I like to spend time in the cabin just to chill and a balcony is a great escape.

You can try this website its a virtual tour for about 30 ships and the Conquest is there--hope this helps

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/galleryships.htm

I've only been on two cruises, but I've had a balcony each time. The first cruise was with my mother (77 at the time) and I knew she would spend more time in the room so I opted for the balcony. After that cruise, I realized it was important to me. I generally do not sleep well through the night, so the balcony gives me a place to escape too. This way I don't deserve my traveling partner and I can stay on the balcony in my pj's. The other reason I like the balcony is I do not like the big crowds around the pool or searching for an available lounge chair. With the balcony, this isn't a concern. But, as others have side, look at what is important to you. If you don't think you will spend much time in the room, save your money and don't get a balcony.

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Until our 05/30/04 Carnival Pride cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

06/28/04 Ecstasy- Mom's 80th birthday surprise!!

When price is a factor we do an inside room. Mostly I see the balcony costs almost 600 more for us to cruise. Thats a price of another cruise for one of us. When I cruise with the kids we get an inside. We are only in the cabin to sleep and shower.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

My first was on a small ship with a very small window. Second was an OV (outside View)...

This was supposed to be a balcony but ended up as a suite (with a balcony)!

I personally love to see what is happening outside, so prefer at least a small window...

I'd start there, and go where your heart takes you!

I know where mine is taking me in 19 days! icon_razz.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;4;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

This much time until I marry my best friend

odie_anm.gif

Triumph 4/04

Imagination 5/00

OceanBreeze 11/96

USS 'Neversail' SanDiego 10/65

We started with a window cabin and then won a cruise at Bingo so had a suite with a balcony on the second. This spoiled us and we have booked balcony rooms since. We enjoy eating breakfast and having a nitecap on the balcony each day and also enjoy the view from the balcony as we arrive in ports. We've never tried an inside room so can't speak to that. Enjoy your cruise.

Spirit 6/30/04

Legend 2003

Spirit 2002

Triumph 2001

Celebration 2000

Imagination 1999

6/30/04 Carnival Spirit to ALASKA

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;30;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My previous two cruises were with outside staterooms, which are great, but this time we're going with an inside guarantee, as a way to save some money. We're crossing our fingers, hoping for an upgrade, but if not, we'll be happy with our choice.

I think it's important to ask yourself how much time you plan on spending in the cabin. If you foresee spending a lot of time there, then I can perhaps seeing where the balcony cabins might offer more room and space to spread out. If not, don't waste the money..go for either outside or inside.

Lisa and Mark icon_smile.gif

Monarch of the Seas - '94

Royal Majesty - '96

Countdown to VICTORY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived