Bathrobes?

You will automatically be entitled to the use of an official Royal Caribbean bathrobe, presented by your cabin steward, if you are in a GS or above, or if you are Platinum C & A or above.

You can always ASK your steward. Some people have gotten them this way.

We are in a Grand Suite on the Vision in August. I am looking forward to the bathrobes, BUT... can you get different sizes? My DH is a very large guy and would probably need a XXX size. Does RCCL have such a size?

Before I packed one, I'd ask RCCL if an XXXL could be made available for your DH. Since they don't know our sizes normally they just put out the standard issue. They tend to be prepared for most requests.

Of course my goal is to do a seven day cruise out of an overnight bag....hey they have laundry services ya knows.

We were in a superior ocenview room on the Legend (aft balcony) and did not have robes - I wish I would've thought to ask the steward as I didn't bring one and you can not go out to your balcony railing in your sleepwear w/o being seen by your neighbors!
........and?!?!??!?!?

(i.e., so what? let 'em look!) ;)

We traveled with two other couples on the Brilliance last fall in D1 aft cabins. I asked for a robe for my husband and I on the second day as it was chilly in the mornings. That evening, not only were robes laid out on our beds, but on the beds of the other two couples as well. And, the robe they brought for our one friend was an XXL as I guess Crystal observed that he was a big guy. She got bonus points (and a better tip) from all of us for what she did.:D

We traveled with two other couples on the Brilliance last fall in D1 aft cabins. I asked for a robe for my husband and I on the second day as it was chilly in the mornings. That evening, not only were robes laid out on our beds, but on the beds of the other two couples as well. And, the robe they brought for our one friend was an XXL as I guess Crystal observed that he was a big guy. She got bonus points (and a better tip) from all of us for what she did.:D

bchbms -

Love your signature....where did you get it?

Maybe I am wierd or just too young to care. But, what is the deal with bathrobes? Do people really see this as such a great thing and something that is needed?

I was wondering the same thing - I doubt that I'd even use one if I had it!!

I don't know what they are used for, but on a recent cruise saw a gentleman in the Windjammer wearing an authentic "RCCL" bathrobe.

Looked pretty dumb! :cool:

In the Windjammer??? I guess he was probably treating it as a coverup and decided it was better to have lunch in a robe than in a Speedo. I'd have to support that decision.

We were gold members on our last cruise staying in an inside cabin and we just asked our room attendant for two bathrobes. She had no problem handing them over. They were one size fits all. I loved having them in the afternoon. I was able to take a shower, relax, have a drink, do my hair and make-up....and THEN get dressed. That way I didn't have to get dressed as soon as I got out of the shower.

Maybe I am wierd or just too young to care. But, what is the deal with bathrobes?

Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one in the world thinking this! For me, a giant t-shirt and fun pajama bottoms is my in-cabin wardrobe. LOL

Tracy

Maybe I am wierd or just too young to care. But, what is the deal with bathrobes? Do people really see this as such a great thing and something that is needed?

We use them after a shower - much nicer having a robe provided than using towels. It's just one less thing to pack. Sorry if I'm sounding rude, but don't mean to be at all. It is actually a very nice thing to wear after a shower. Never understood people wearing them outside of the stateroom in public areas.

We sailed on the Miracle in a balcony cabin on deck 8 or 9 and Carnival provided very nice thick robes for us in our cabin. We thought they were great for exactly the reason Deb154 explained.

Robes were not provided on our Explorer cruise so we weren't sure if it was a Carnival thing or not. I doubt we will have them on the Serenade as we have a cabin on deck 8 in the bump.

It is a mystery to me why anyone would wear a bathrobe in public though.:confused: :confused:

I actually love to wear them out to the jacuzzi at night... it gets COLD on deck and to have that to wrap up in after the jacuzzi is great! Also nice to throw on in the morning to answer the room service door. :)

I was in a superior ocean view and they don't give them, but I asked and got them.

:confused:

Well, I can certainly understand using robes to answer the door for room service, or going down to the jacuzzi in the evening, but wearing a robe in your room after a shower???? What happened to just wearing what God put you in? Who needs robes? Just be free.... It's not like you need to worry about anyone peeking in at you from across the street, lol :p!!!

And definitely a big NO to the wearing them to a place where people are eating, however, I'm inclined to agree with the other person, ONLY if they are hiding a speedo :eek:...

Archived