LIVE BLOG! ECLIPSE 11/10 -12/09/18 Med and TA

h20cruzer

I  thought I took some pictures of the lounge but I Guess I did not.  The star alliance lounge is not as nice as the United lounge as I’ve been in however I was happy to have a lounge to go to. I do have some mobility issues and most of the chairs seem very low to me. They had a good selection of food with cookies crackers cheese ham cold cuts they had wine and beer and they also had a hard liquor that we serve yourself. The furniture was little worn but it did not appear to be as bad of some of the reviews I’ve read online. Except for a few people talking loudly on their phones it was a nice respite from the hubbub of the rest of the airport. It sure does not compare to the a virgin Atlantic lounge at Heathrow that’s my number one lounge.

Norma

On 12/17/2018 at 9:15 PM, h20cruzer said:

Finally home. We had a fabulous time on the cruise and our 3 days in Buenos Aires.

I thought disembarkation crazy. A crane holding up the gangway, what were they thinking. The incline was so steep people in wheelchairs, scooters and mobility issues were unsafe in leaving the ship this way IMO, Shame on you Celebrity. 

Norma

Norma thanks for the review. SO and I were on the TA and totally agree with you.... it was a great cruise, with many high points, not least the guest entertainers!

The only real issues we had were, as you have noted, the disembarkation at Rio and then again at BA. We ended up being called 90 minutes late in BA and missed our tour. It was shambolic!

Still it’s past now so let’s not dwell to much on that and remember the good parts. 

We will never forget our trip to Rio, especially the statue of Christ the Redeemer. Spectacular!

seasons greetings to all and I hope Santa is good to you all.

On 12/20/2018 at 11:26 PM, JennAngel9 said:

Thank you Norma!  As it so happens we have the same show booked at the same price! 🙂  Do you think it's better to sit on the ground level or the balcony?

The balcony, on the main level there are rows of tables and depending on where you are seated you might have to look around others to see. All the tables are at the rail so no one in front of you.

Access is either my stairs or elevator.

Norma