Beaches

csullivan55

I replied to your other post and gave you the names of a few beaches.  I mentioned Escambron Beach in San Juan, but I've never been there myself, but was thinking it was the closest public beach to where the ship will dock.  So glad you found this thread since there are a few here that I'm sure will be a big help with other beach ideas, time it will take, cost of cab, and even give you details about the different beaches. 

The only beach within "walking distance" is te aformentioned Escambron beach. It's about a mile and a half (maybe a but more) from the piers. Water conditions there can vary greatly from nice and calm to rough since it's open water. Most unprotected beaches on the Atlantic side of the island. Those protected with a natural barrier reef like Isla Verde are more tame. Isla Verde is a 20 minute taxi ride from port and it should cost you around $20 each way for up to 5 passengers. It's a better beach than Escambron. If you go, ask to be taken to the end of Tartak street, There are chair and umbrellas to rent in that area and some places to eat nearby as well.