Mariner cabin 1694 junior suite aft review

want2go

Mariner cabin 1694 junior suite aft

This board is a great source of information... I want to "pay back" a little to the community in case someone does a search for information on this cabin.

We were in this cabin in December 2005... 2 adults, 2 children

Pros...

Cabin size...

very spacious!!!

Balcony size...

very spacious!!!

Bathroom size...

spacious... by cruise ship standards.

Storage...

wonderful... plenty for 4.

Cons...

sleeper sofa... not adequate for 2 people. Luckily my children are small... it worked fine for us... but made me note that when the kids get older... we would definitely need regular beds. Very strange to me in a room this size.

balcony... covered entirely. It depends on the direction you are traveling if the sun comes in. We should have had some sun on the return sail... back to port... but couldy weather stopped that. Don't count on having a private place to get a tan! Still the large size... is VERY nice!

Thanks to everyone that posts here...

hope this might help someone.

Sorry imatarb...

we didn't get any pictures of the cabin. From what I remembered, it was pretty accurately described... maybe with photos... from RCCL site.

It is wider than most cabins... so the space between bed and dresser area has a nice "walking" area... then sofa area is about equal to the bed area. It is very comfortable for 4 people... other than the sofa bed itself not really being adequate.

Seems like I searched this site and found some photos that people had placed....

http://public.fotki.com/rccldesign/voyager-class/cabins/c/ma/onmacabjsw002.html

This picture shows it pretty well.

If I were you, I'd search for Enchantment JS pictures...

Seems this Mariner JS was larger than our JS on Splendour...

I'm not sure they all are equal.

Any way... you know with a JS you will get more room than with the standard cabins.

I know you'll have a great cruise.

Give us a review when you get back!

We have cabin 1394 booked on the Mariner for 10/1/06. This will be our first Jr. Suite so we weren't sure if it was worth the extra $1000. I am a little disappointed to hear that you did not have any sun on your balcony in 1694 (next to 1394). From what I previously read in some posts you could lay out on these aft balconies on deck ten and get some sun. This is one reason I booked the Jr.

Was the Jr. Suite worth the extra $1000 for you? We will be traveling with a 3-year old so he can probably sleep on the pull out couch.

Thanks!

I would say it is worth it...

IF you are going to spend time in your cabin.

You do get a bath tub with it!

It does make a much more relaxing cruise... not fighting for floor space and elbow room!

I too was disappointed about the sun issue... I had not seen the comment that it was completely covered. That means that sun will come in... when it is lower in the sky... and you are traveling north. .. then pray for good weather too!

I looked down at the cabin below us (I think a 2rm suite)... and at the railing on their balcony you could get sun... but lose complete privacy... as our deck could look over.

You might try to get 1388/1688... you'd get the bigger cabin at a lower price. Your balcony would still be large but covered... and no bath tub.

I guess the sun on the balcony issue... is very tricky in any cabin.

Hope this helps...

good luck!

Archived