Sunbathing questions!

Kartz125

Okay, so there cannot possibly be enough chairs for everyone to lay in the sun by the pools. So, am I going to have to fight tooth and nail every morning to get some rays? Or be up at sunrise to get a spot? A minimal thing to stress about, but I am just curious. If this is the case, any suggestions?

Thanks

First cruise- CARNIVAL MIRACLE on June 19th! icon_wink.gif

Actually I think that in most cases there ARE enough chairs for everyone who WANTS to be in the sun to have one.

Where the problem comes in is where chairs get illegally reserved by felons who are inside playing bingo, gambling, eating or sleeping.

These scoundrels think they might want to be in the sun later so they save a chair in some prime real estate area of the ship for them an their posse for later just in case they get some whim to grace the deck with their presence.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/04

Star Princess 10/04

Carnival Spirit 12/04

You can do what I do and get one of these so your chair does not get taken if you go to the restroom or to get something to eat. Go here and scroll down to the bottom of the page

Save My Chair Legally

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/04

Star Princess 10/04

Carnival Spirit 12/04

Chris,

That is just too, too funny. Have you tried it yet? Does it work? LOL Cathy

bandc.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2211ff&cdt=2004;06;27;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Until our **STAR** search

Seattle to Alaska on NCL Star

June 27, 2004

Fantasy 12/25/03

Inspiration 4/13/03

NCL Majesty 12/27/02

Jubilee 3/23/02

Norwegian Sea 11/23/01

Chris, if I came across your saved chair with that clock on it, I'd just change the time to a later hour and use the chair. icon_biggrin.gif

Dick

"To Sea or Not To Sea"

~~^~~Sea Ya!~~^~~

Destiny 02-28-99

Victory 02-24-01

Conquest 02-09-03

Kartz -

1. Generally speaking, chairs in the most popular areas start going earlier and earlier over the course of the cruise.

2. Chair availability depends somewhat on which ship you're on and when you sail. On the Triumph April '02 (7 nites), the chairs in the vicinity of the pools and band were gone starting at 10 a.m. at the beginning of the cruise, and 8:30 the second half of the week. On the Sensation January '04 (4 nites), there were "prime-time" chairs available as late as 11:30.

3. There are ALWAYS decent chairs available if you know where to look. On both of our Carnival cruises there were always a couple chairs available on the funnel deck, the Spa Deck (by the jogging track) or other off-the-beaten track places.

4. Instead of chair hogging, consider getting up early on one of the sea days, grabbing coffee and a snack, and watching the sun come up on the Lido Deck. I went back to sleep out there for a couple hours in the deck chair and it was incredibly pleasant.

5. Do not let chair-hog angst interfere with your pre-cruise buzz!

B.

Ship_at_island.gif

(With apologies to Jimmy Buffett)

"We're gypsies in the palace, at sea, away from home

The Order Of The Sleepless Knights will now assume the throne!

Come sail the Caribbean, there ain't no wrong or right

We're gypsies in the palace and we're raisin' hell tonight!"

Carnival Triumph, April '02

Carnival Sensation, January '04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;4;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

(Golden Princess, 4/10/04 - "Grown People Acting Like Children!")

4/10/04 Golden Princess Rogue's gallery: http://community.webshots.com/album/126040133QEaDiP

Cruise pix at: http://community.webshots.com/user/mageesworld

e-mail: bobandkarenny@yahoo.com

we were going to go to one of the higher decks but it was too windy, it woulda been cold laying up there.

We lucked out one day, i met up with my roomates who already had a spot but only for 2, so they got up and we hunted for 3. We got 3 RIGHT next to the band, in the middle of the day.

Of course after then my roomate got up at 8AM and would go and get chairs. She stayed out there and sunbathed and the rest of us showed up later. I felt a little bad, but not too bad. Especially when there'd be one single prson looking for a char and getting annoyed cuz we had a couple saved... there were lots of single chairs, the problem is when you want to be in a group.

Yeah, i admit it, we are chair hogs. Don't hurt us?

~Katy

OK YES IT IS A HUGE PROBLEM!!!

all the chairs saved by 9:30 and only 40% of them had anyone in them for hours!!!!

On sea days we could not find a chair in the sun. We were out at 9:30 and the only two chairs we could find left were at the very top and back of the ship. The wind made it very cold and not fun.

This was our survival plan. We took two chairs from up above and drug them down the stairs by the pool. Moved some chairs around and squeezed our two in. We still needed one for our daughter so we strategically placed our chairs between chairs that had a $22 Carnival beach towel saving them. We through it on the chair next to it. They showed up at least 30 minutes later and never said a word to us.

My daughter had asked someone one day around 10:00 if this chair was taken and he said he was saving 8!!! She asked if it would be a problem to sit in it until they showed up and he had the nerve to say to her, "Ya, you can sit there until they come back but I don't want any hassle out of you when they wan't their chair back." The nerve!

The first sea day we asked if these chairs were taken because there were many unoccupied....are ya ready for this one....he said, "They're taken, I'm saving 18. 18 ACHHHHHH Where do these people get their nerve?

Take the saved seat until they come back and if they are gone more than a 1/2 an hour tell them it's yours now. If they come back in a few minutes jsut move to another saved chair...they're everywhere...LOL!!!

Patti

My Conquest Review

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

aadog.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kgymn:

Of course after then my roomate got up at 8AM and would go and get chairs. She stayed out there and sunbathed and the rest of us showed up later. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Curious...what time did you show up for the saved chairs?

Patti

My Conquest Review

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

aadog.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oceantravel:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kgymn:

Of course after then my roomate got up at 8AM and would go and get chairs. She stayed out there and sunbathed and the rest of us showed up later. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Curious...what time did you show up for the saved chairs?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, there was 6 of us, 2 groups of 3. I think the other 3 showed up pretty early, and my other roomate too (probably around 9 or 10?) and I'd show up whenever i got out of the meeting for the day (ya know, about shore excursions and whatnot.) But they only saved 5 chairs, and when I would get there one of the other 3 was getting up to go, so it worked out. We only left them empty when we got lunch.

~Katy

In my opinion if no one saved chairs there would always be chairs open. Many times chairs are saved longer than they are sat in. I don't agree with saving chairs for any reason other than a 15 minute trip to the room or bathroom, and at that there should have to be someone from your party saving yours. No one person shopuld be allowed to save more than one chair for a very limited amount of time. It is not respectful of the other people on board.

Carnival really needs to talk about this a lot more. Let people know that it will not be tolerated and if a chair is unoccupied for more than 15 or 20 minutes, any passenger has a right to remove their items to the ground.

Maybe at the end of the muster drill this could be mentioned while they have veryones attention, or on the front page, in large print and in bold letters of the Capers. I think if people started taking the abandoned $22 towels and turning them in to lost and found they'd stop. Take their personal effects and put them in the lost and found. Carnival needs to make it known that that is an exceptable practice.

Patti

My Conquest Review

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

aadog.gif

Hmmm...let me get this straight. Based on the advice here on the board, I need to watch out for smoking booze-smugglers who steal towels and save their deck chairs in the laundry room waiting for their shorts and t-shirts to wear to formal night where they will fail to tip non-supervised teens in the topless hot tub full of evil, puppy-hating RCL and/or HAL cruisers....

Did I get that right? icon_wink.gif

Mark ºoº

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;09;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

5/9/04 Pride Cruise - 1st Cruise!

Visit our Webshots Gallery

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marklodi:

Hmmm...let me get this straight. Based on the advice here on the board, I need to watch out for smoking booze-smugglers who steal towels and save their deck chairs in the laundry room waiting for their shorts and t-shirts to wear to formal night where they will fail to tip non-supervised teens in the topless hot tub....

Did I get that right? icon_wink.gif

Mark ºoº

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMAO>>>>You could not have gotten it more right icon_biggrin.gif

Don't forget the boys with their $22 towel saving a deck chair on the topless deck as they wonder around trying to find the chair they saved....just sneakin' peaks left and right.

Funny thing, they realized the chair had been nabbed when they first stepped foot up there....but hey, why not pretend to keep looking for it and enjoy the views! LOL icon_eek.gif Us girls know all about the games you boys play....

Patti

My Conquest Review

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

aadog.gif

In the long run those rays you are willing to fight for are going to make you look old and over tanned. Then your face and body are going to be all wrinkled like a prune because of those sun burning rays..... icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;3;6;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Navigator of the Seas/Western Caribbean 03/06

Man, I needed a laugh today. Leave it to my faithful CC'ers to come thru! icon_biggrin.gif

Militant Breastfeeding & Homebirth Proponent-Sandra Carmichael

Mardi Gras 6/79

Mardi Gras 6/79

(back to back cruises)

Celebration 8/02

Splendour of the Seas 3/03

Jubilee 7/03

Conquest 1/04

Celebration 1/04

Elation 2/04

Elation *coming again* 1/05

No saving of the seats in the lounge or pool area is mentioned almost daily in the ships daily acctivity pages. The problem lies with Carnival for not enforcing the rules.

We went to the lounge one night for the show almost half hour early. One guy was saving two rows of seats. I showed him the paper where it said no saving of the seats. He moved.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by serene56:

No saving of the seats in the lounge or pool area is mentioned almost daily in the ships daily acctivity pages. The problem lies with Carnival for not enforcing the rules.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe if it were front page and in big bold black print people would get it. They need to make a big deal out of it. I've thought about Carnival enforcing the rule but I also have yet to come up with a way for them to do that. What if someone just goes to the bathroom? Should they take their stuff away…no. What if a member of the party is saving a chair and when confronted by Carnival staff they say the person is in the bathroom and they are really napping instead. How can Carnival enforce this? I mean, I agree there should be a way. I tried coming up with one that would work so I could suggest it to Carnival while on the Conquest a couple of weeks ago. For every idea I came up with there were reasons it wouldn't work. Anyone have any thoughts?

Patti

My Conquest Review

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

aadog.gif

I've observed that unless you want to be down by the pool with all the "whales" showing off their years of overeating, there are plenty of places to grab a lounge chair and get some rays.

Maybe its just that the GLORY is laid out that way, but there were a zillion places "off the beaten path" to layout, read a book, sleep (great for short little 1 hour naps) or just people watch.

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Archived