I sure hope I didn't make a mistake booking a Princess Cruise!!!

I have been on Many Carnival cruises and I am very satisfied for the most part on how things are run...and my fellow shipmates. icon_smile.gif

Since I have booked my first Princess cruise I have been frequenting the Princess board. icon_eek.gif

Let me tell you...There are some really rude and snobby people that post over there!!!

Now to me fair there are alot of nice and helpful ones also...but I'm worried I might end up on a ship load of the rude ones. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Please tell me I have nothing to worry about.

That the passengers on my ship will be as nice and friendly as the CARNIVAL passengers I've encountered. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks

CaribbeanCrazy

tn_14.gif

I have always had a great time on Princess. I really don't think you have anything to worry about!!

Marilyn

MumsyO

Next cruise: Sensation, May 6, 2004

HAL, Amsterdam, Aug. 1, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till I'm howling with the Hounds!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle 2/13/05

We worried about the same thing before our first Princess Cruise last month.

Turned out it was great -- in fact, we loved it so much we booked another cruise with Princess while on-board!

Relax & enjoy your voyage...

Ken & Nancy dog1.gif

12/2004 - Golden Princess

10/2004 - Fantasy Fest, Key West

03/2004 - Golden Princess

01/2004 - Carnival Legend

11/2003 - Carnival Glory

03/2003 - Carnival Spirit

02/2003 - Carnival Triumph

12/2002 - Carnival Legend

04/2002 - Carnival Victory

01/2002 - Carnival Sensation

12/2000 - Carnival Tropicale

puppy.gif <applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=12>

<param name="day" value=12>

<param name="hour" value=23>

</applet>

Countdown For Sailing On The Golden Princess

JMHO but there is not now, nor has there ever been a cruiseline to NOT cruise on. Just enjoy the cruise you're on and don't keep comparing. Each is different as it should be.

Dan

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till 9/5 Paradise Panama Canal

We have sailed on Princess, Royal Caribbean, Carnival and some others who are not longer around and honestly we loved 'em all. We found really nice people on all, and a few jerks on each one also. Cruiselines don't discriminate when it comes to rude people.

Only one things strange happened on our Golden Princess cruise. We requested late seating, which we did receive. We are in our mid 40-s and early 50's, didn't bring kids with us. They sat us with a single mom with 2 little girls (5 and 7) and another couple with a little girl (6). Great for the kids, not so great for us. No one was rude or snobby though, just not much in common.

Deb in South Florida

Carnival Valor 01/23/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;01;22;13;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner of the Seas 3/14/04

Golden Princess 01/25/03

Voyager of the Seas 12/01

Majesty of the Seas 11/00

Carnival's Ecstasy 12/99

Carnival's Paradise 11/98

NCL Westward 9/93

MS Dolphin 9/92

Sky Princess 4/91

Regent Sun 4/90

Don't worry. Be Happy.

My guess is the rude ones one the board are just "louder" or have more to say then the others. There will allways be a few of those on any cruise, or any other vacation. Just ignore them. Shouldn't be to hard to avoid the anyway. Enjoy your cruise.

Stefanie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;08;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Cruise on the pride

We are sailing on our first Princess cruise next weekend. I am also concerned about those people who can't understand the formal night guidelines, requests, suggestions or requirements.

Diamond Princess 04/10/04

Regal Princess 08/04/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoFloDeb:

Only one things strange happened on our Golden Princess cruise. We requested late seating, which we did receive. We are in our mid 40-s and early 50's, didn't bring kids with us. They sat us with a single mom with 2 little girls (5 and 7) and another couple with a little girl (6). Great for the kids, not so great for us. No one was rude or snobby though, just not much in common.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Princess maitre'ds are always very accommodating in moving folks to another table...did you request that? or just decide to stay w/ the mom and children?

Personally love, love Princess even though cruise I Carnival quite a bit. Just like the onboard experience a little more..

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">Join CC's "Alaska Live in 2005 Adventure"..you'll have a "whale" of a good time!</font>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font SIZE="1">Days Till Royal Hounds Cruise on Mariner of the Seas...!</font>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<font SIZE="1">Days Till Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa</font>

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font>

Thanks everyone...for making me feel better. icon_smile.gif

I know now I will meet alot of nice people like I do when I cruise Carnival. icon_biggrin.gif

I guess they just riled me up a little on one of the threads. I should have known better to post on the "What should I wear on Formal night thread anyway. icon_rolleyes.gif

We have had a few...let's just say lively debates over here on the subject...but I don't remember it ever getting as nasty and out of hand as it has over there. And I guess I didn't help matters by joining in on the VERY heated debate!

I guess it just brings out the meanie in me when people start being hateful and taking the "lynch mob" approach when someone gives there opinion...and they don't agree!

I'm usually a very nice and thoughtful person...If do say so myself icon_wink.gif I guess thats why I let myself get in trouble sticking up for the "underdog" or should I say "the one whos getting Lynched" icon_mad.gif

Anyway, Thanks again for the nice sentiments. icon_smile.gif

Happy Cruising Everyone!!

CaribbeanCrazy

tn_14.gif

We didn't ask to be moved - I felt that would have been kind of rude. The people were nice, just not a lot to talk about.

We loved the Golden Princess though. Will definitely cruise with Princess again. Would have this year, but budget is a bit tighter since DH lost his job. Actually he's trying to get a PVP job with Carnival. We've got our fingers crossed on that one.

I think you'll love Princess.

Deb in South Florida

Carnival Valor 01/23/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;01;22;13;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner of the Seas 3/14/04

Golden Princess 01/25/03

Voyager of the Seas 12/01

Majesty of the Seas 11/00

Carnival's Ecstasy 12/99

Carnival's Paradise 11/98

NCL Westward 9/93

MS Dolphin 9/92

Sky Princess 4/91

Regent Sun 4/90

I honestly think that 95%

of the responsiblity in having a good time depends on YOU!!

There will sometimes be circumstances or people who will do things that could lead you to become irritated or have a bad time...it all depends on how seriously you react to it!

Make your own fun, have a great time...being on a ship can never be bad!!!!

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

Archived