Constellation's Masquerade Ball

abslhs

Hi,

We are scheduled to go on the Connie 1/21/06 and trying to find out information about the Maskquerade Ball. Think I undertsand you need a mask to get in? Read on some other postings that because of some illusionary effects , best to wear white. This person seemed to think it spoiled the effect by not doing so. Does anyone know the scoop? Have mask and dress, but not white...

Maybe doesn't matter at all, just one less thing to worry about packing! HA!

Thanks for replys!!!

Jane

We went to the White Night Party on the Constellation last Oct. Almost everyone was wearing white. Make it simple, white t-shirt is fine. Very informal event. Almost everyone had a mask on. Many people made their own from napkins, etc. I bought a mask from a local store and it only cost about $3.00. Doesn't have to be fancy.

But you can get in to the party without a mask, but I would wear something white, mostly everyone did.

Thanks for the information (meyer4two) and pictures (dileep), looks like you were having a great time. You can guess how excited I am with only one week to go.

Have a long white (casual) dress, but the mask is made out of peacock feathers..will have to do!

Happy cruising!!!

Jane

Thanks for the information (meyer4two) and pictures (dileep), looks like you were having a great time. You can guess how excited I am with only one week to go.

Have a long white (casual) dress, but the mask is made out of peacock feathers..will have to do!

Happy cruising!!!

Jane

Jane,

Your welcome & have a wonderful cruise! Wish mine was just around the corner, I have to wait till April.

Thoroughly enjoy.

Sandy

Not necessary but nice to cooperate and be one to help set the atmosphere for the happening.

A white top will be better than no white at all. Ships employee will apply face paint (white) if you have no mask and want them to. They also had a mask making class in the afternoon where many made theirs. There were also some mask making supplies outside the entrance to the affair which you could use. This was on Summit.

Can you buy ready made masks aboard the ship.

They sell plastic Cirque masks in the Cirque shop for $10.

Also, I was just on Constellation about a month ago and they are no longer calling it "White Night" or whatever it was called before. They just call it a masquerade ball and nothing I saw asked attendees to wear white. They do ask you to wear a mask, but if you don't bring one or buy one, staff will paint a few lines on your face and in you go!

Although it wasn't very well attended, we loved it and the light shows are amazing! Enjoy!

so besides what everyone wears what takes pace...pls describe the light show & is there music??? is it dark, loud???? Going on Summit soon & want too know if it'd be something we would enjoy--means taking white shiirts at least

so besides what everyone wears what takes pace...pls describe the light show & is there music??? is it dark, loud???? Going on Summit soon & want too know if it'd be something we would enjoy--means taking white shiirts at least

On Summit 12/13/05 at 10:45pm we had what was called the "White Masquerade Party" in the "Bar at the Edge of the Earth". It was on the same night as "A taste of Cirque Du Soleil" show in the Celebrity Theatre.

It is a laser light show projected on gauze curtains and white worn by attendees. The tables and chairs are covered in white also. There is music and yes, it is loud and the room is semi-dark to enhance the light show.

Can't say if you would enjoy it. That's really a matter of taste. People dance inside the gauze curtains surrounding the dance floor. Many did and some Celebrity staff also joined in to keep the action going. You can just sit and observe if you like. Have a drink, or not.

I would suggest checking it out for yourself. At least then you will know for sure if you like it. What else are you doing at that time of night anyway?

Its a personal choice whether you'd like it or not. Good time to have a drink & meet with friends. The show was just so-so. We only stayed about 1/2 hr. then we left. Cruising on the Constellation this April & we'll probably pass it up & find something else to do.

But if you have never done it, I'd go & see what its all about. You might like it. Its different.

Archived