Dreams of Tahiti - Christmas

WHMInc

Can anyone give me information on how Christmas is celebrated on the Wind Spirit in Tahiti? We will be in Bora Bora on Christmas day. Are there any special activities? Is the ship decorated? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I will be on this cruise (probably our 6th with Wind Star..mostly on the Wind Surf which we loved) and have the same questions. I would try the office to see what the company has to say about Christmas. I am calling them today to find out were the Spirit docks in Huahine where I should  have a rental car waiting tor some local sight seeing and lunch at The Yacht Club or Chez Tara.   I will let you know what I find out. Regards Martin

I just got off the phone with a Windstar Vacation Planner ( 800 258 7245)  who advised the there should be a special menu, Christmas music in the lounge and "subtle decorations" due to the lack of storage space. You may want k to call to see if you can get more out off the Planner. Regards Martin

I can add that we were just on the Spirit for Thanksgiving, and they pulled off a very good traditional Thanksgiving Dinner - turkey, giblet gravy, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie. There were other options on the menu as well. The only think I missed was baked ham.

In general, it appears that you will find much Christmas tradition on the islands. When we left the Sofitel was putting up their Christmas trees, and stores were decorating and a couple shops we walked through were selling very traditional decorations, wrapping paper, etc. There were signs for the Christmas Market in the market in Papeete, running, IIRC from the 18th through the 24th.

Edited by milepig