Beach time in Huatulco

hobbyfarmer2

1 hour ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Thanks so much.  Can you tell if it is a public beach where you can rent chairs and umbrellas and dare I say, drink a beer or two?

Yes to all.  There a multiple restaurants on the beach, all more than willing to sell you whatever you want. 😄

• Like 1

Keep in mind that the cost of chairs/umbrella are negotiable.  In Huatulco the beach vendors (who are generally working for the cafe/restaurants along the beach) will often ask for at least $20 for 2 chairs/umbrella...and possibly even more.  We were able to negotiate free chairs/umbrellas by guaranteeing to buy both lunch and drinks at the restaurant :).  It probably helped when we explained that we live in Mexico for part of the year (Puerto Vallarta) and "we do not want to be treated like cruisers."   Since there are multiple restaurants along the beach it usually makes sense to stroll along the length of the beach checking out the various menus (and prices) as well as chair deals.

Hank

Did anyone booked a day pass at one of the resorts? We are also on Panama Canal in January and I was wondering if this is a better option than just go to the beach next to peer. I checked Secrets and Dreams and they only offer morning or afternoon package at $40 pp. I would think there should be other beach resorts that we could potentially go from 9 to 3 or so. Any suggestions are welcome. Helen.