Fitness Classes

mit429

I never really pay attention to the fitness class schedule, I know that most of them are an additional cost. 

I'm wondering if anyone knows any details as to what time spin and/or yoga classes are usually offered on port and sea days.  I recall they are usually in the morning, but I'm curious as to if they're usually at like 6am, or more like 9am?

20 hours ago, Duanerice1 said:

On the Eclipse last month the spin classes were held at 9:30 on sea days but not every sea day as we had 4. Cost is just under $15.  Can't help with the other classes

Thanks! 

Did you go?

If so, did you like them?

4 hours ago, mit429 said:

Thanks! 

Did you go?

If so, did you like them?

Not this time but last cruise, yes.   They were all booked by the time I thought about it this last cruise.  I took 2 classes the cruise before and you get a workout, that's for sure.  I'd do it again.  

Just got off Infinity (5 nights Western Caribbean) - I didn't attend any but here was the schedule

Sea Day #1 - Stretch Class (free) at 7am; Yoga (not free) at 8am; Zumba (not free) at 10am; Pilates (not free) at 4:30pm; Core Sculpt Class (free) at 5:30pm

Port Day: Cozumel - Stretch Class (free) at 7am; Pilates (not free) at 8am; Yoga (not free) at 4:30pm

Sea Day #2 - Stretch Class (free) at 7am; Yoga (not free) at 8am; Zumba (not free) at 9am; Spinning (not free) at 10am; Pilates (not free) at 4:30pm; Total Resistance (free) at 5:30pm

Port Day: Key West -  Stretch Class (free) at 7am; Pilates (not free) at 8am; Yoga (not free) at 9am

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, QT911 said:

Just got off Infinity (5 nights Western Caribbean) - I didn't attend any but here was the schedule

Sea Day #1 - Stretch Class (free) at 7am; Yoga (not free) at 8am; Zumba (not free) at 10am; Pilates (not free) at 4:30pm; Core Sculpt Class (free) at 5:30pm

Port Day: Cozumel - Stretch Class (free) at 7am; Pilates (not free) at 8am; Yoga (not free) at 4:30pm

Sea Day #2 - Stretch Class (free) at 7am; Yoga (not free) at 8am; Zumba (not free) at 9am; Spinning (not free) at 10am; Pilates (not free) at 4:30pm; Total Resistance (free) at 5:30pm

Port Day: Key West -  Stretch Class (free) at 7am; Pilates (not free) at 8am; Yoga (not free) at 9am

Awesome! thanks!

On 11/14/2018 at 4:50 PM, mit429 said:

I never really pay attention to the fitness class schedule, I know that most of them are an additional cost. 

I'm wondering if anyone knows any details as to what time spin and/or yoga classes are usually offered on port and sea days.  I recall they are usually in the morning, but I'm curious as to if they're usually at like 6am, or more like 9am?

Mit429, I honestly think it depends how advanced you are and your expectations. For me last year on Reflection -Dec 11 night cruise, the spin sucked, so did Zumba. 2 years prior to that-Alaska cruise- spin instructor was an actual road cyclist ---- AMAZING!!!! Based on that we even took our SPDs to have this great workout last year and were sorely disappointed. My goodness what a mess it was, no rhythm, no appropriate cadence, we ended up doing our own thing.  So now, we just run the stairs top to bottom for warm up, then go lift weights, then do Persian Gardens. Works like a charm and so much fun!!!!

20 hours ago, kloos5 said:

Mit429, I honestly think it depends how advanced you are and your expectations. For me last year on Reflection -Dec 11 night cruise, the spin sucked, so did Zumba. 2 years prior to that-Alaska cruise- spin instructor was an actual road cyclist ---- AMAZING!!!! Based on that we even took our SPDs to have this great workout last year and were sorely disappointed. My goodness what a mess it was, no rhythm, no appropriate cadence, we ended up doing our own thing.  So now, we just run the stairs top to bottom for warm up, then go lift weights, then do Persian Gardens. Works like a charm and so much fun!!!!

Hmmm ya, I was thinking it might be hit or miss. Do you recall - Did they have shoes for rent or did you need to bring your cycling shoes - I wouldn’t want to pack a pair unnecessarily.

thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, mit429 said:

Hmmm ya, I was thinking it might be hit or miss. Do you recall - Did they have shoes for rent or did you need to bring your cycling shoes - I wouldn’t want to pack a pair unnecessarily.

thanks for the info!

Bring your own... no rentals! Have fun, maybe you will have some amazing spin instructor!!!

21 hours ago, mit429 said:

thanks for the info!

I just used my running shoes.  Not the best but they worked fine