CocoCay Beach Bed

emen822

Hi, I just read about beach beds at CocoCay and was looking to book one for next week.  I know it $157 for the bed, and that is good for 4 people in one reservation.  I just want to be sure that the bed also comes with two loungers?  Some of the pictures I've seen only shows the bed and some have loungers on the side.  The website description does not say you get extra loungers.  Can anyone confirm?  Thank you.

I have not actually experienced this yet, but I researched the beach beds a ton as I was interested in booking one for my cruise that starts on Black Friday. Everything I have seen has indicated it does come with 2 loungers as well. There’s some good, quick videos on YouTube that people have taken to recap their experience with the beach beds. Also see #6 in this article: https://roamingriccis.com/2018/04/25/private-beach-bed-cococay/

One other thing to know, as you can see in that article, is that people recommend going to the excursion desk when you first board to request a certain beach bed if you want any input on location. If you don’t, they will randomly assign one to you from what’s left after requests. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are booking beach bed for the first time. On some other threads I read about some beds located in the front row with water views, while others are in the back row (rows?) with view occluded by the front beds. Is that so? How do you chose the bed/location? Have you been assigned specific bed or did you have an opportunity to choose on-board?  We are sailing on Anthem of the Seas, if that makes a difference. Thank You.

2 minutes ago, olya1972 said:

We are booking beach bed for the first time. On some other threads I read about some beds located in the front row with water views, while others are in the back row (rows?) with view occluded by the front beds. Is that so? How do you chose the bed/location? Have you been assigned specific bed or did you have an opportunity to choose on-board?  We are sailing on Anthem of the Seas, if that makes a difference. Thank You.

I just got back last night from a trip on Enchantment that included Coco Cay where I had a beach bed. The thing I did that worked out amazingly was going to the excursion desk when I first got on and asked to choose my beach bed. They pulled out a map with the bed locations and you could pick which one you wanted from the ones that hadn’t been assigned. I went around 11:45 or noonish and only one other bed had been chosen at that point so I had great selection. You are right in that there are 2 rows of beach beds and the rear row doesn’t have an unobstructed view of the ocean like the first row does. I went with bed # 15 which was PERFECT because it was first row and close to the bar with only another bed on the right hand side of it. It wasn’t sandwiched in like some others were. This is a picture of our bed I took from the ocean and you can see how it seems a little more private than the others. 

E3EAB61D-BFB6-4AF6-94DA-56556C92070B.jpeg

• Like 1

Do these become available at a certain time on the cruise planner? I am looking into getting one of these for my cruise in late 2019 but it’s currently not listed in the cruise planner for it. Is this because it is so far out? I wouldn’t think that it would possibly be booked up by now. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, sh2738 said:

Do these become available at a certain time on the cruise planner? I am looking into getting one of these for my cruise in late 2019 but it’s currently not listed in the cruise planner for it. Is this because it is so far out? I wouldn’t think that it would possibly be booked up by now. Thanks. 

Nope, no set time.  Keep checking.

8 hours ago, siempredescalzo said:

I just got back last night from a trip on Enchantment that included Coco Cay where I had a beach bed. The thing I did that worked out amazingly was going to the excursion desk when I first got on and asked to choose my beach bed. They pulled out a map with the bed locations and you could pick which one you wanted from the ones that hadn’t been assigned. I went around 11:45 or noonish and only one other bed had been chosen at that point so I had great selection. You are right in that there are 2 rows of beach beds and the rear row doesn’t have an unobstructed view of the ocean like the first row does. I went with bed # 15 which was PERFECT because it was first row and close to the bar with only another bed on the right hand side of it. It wasn’t sandwiched in like some others were. This is a picture of our bed I took from the ocean and you can see how it seems a little more private than the others. 

E3EAB61D-BFB6-4AF6-94DA-56556C92070B.jpeg

Thank you. This is exactly the info I was looking for. If you don't mind, one more question. People write that the beach area where the beds are is very shallow and undesirable for some other reasons they list ( don't remember the details). Did you see other areas of the island? How does the bed location area compares?

16 minutes ago, olya1972 said:

Thank you. This is exactly the info I was looking for. If you don't mind, one more question. People write that the beach area where the beds are is very shallow and undesirable for some other reasons they list ( don't remember the details). Did you see other areas of the island? How does the bed location area compares?

I admit I didn’t explore a TON but I did walk back to the tender instead of taking the tram back so I got a bit of a look at the other areas. I personally liked the area we were in, but I also prefer to go into the ocean to quickly cool off and not swim around or snorkel. This is a map of the island right now. The beach beds are on the far side in South Beach. It’s about a 10-15 min walk from beach bed area to tender, depending on pace. 

27C2EE6C-45DA-46E9-ABBC-D884291FCDD2.png

Edited by siempredescalzo
Trying to get attachment to work

7 minutes ago, siempredescalzo said:

I admit I didn’t explore a TON but I did walk back to the tender instead of taking the tram back so I got a bit of a look at the other areas. I personally liked the area we were in, but I also prefer to go into the ocean to quickly cool off and not swim around or snorkel. This is a map of the island right now. The beach beds are on the far side in South Beach. It’s about a 10-15 min walk from beach bed area to tender, depending on pace. 

27C2EE6C-45DA-46E9-ABBC-D884291FCDD2.png

Thank you.