Costa Wifi Packages

Spambo2

My teenagers have just realised that they'll be without the wifi unless they pay for it, which has caused mass panic and hysteria 🙂

I've searched and found some options but no prices.

Does anyone know how much the social package and the full wifi package is please?  Also either by day or for the length of the cruise?

I think i need to include this in our budget or life as we know it will apparently stop!

Thanks

S

Hi Spambo2,

I would take out a second mortgage before you go if your teenagers expect the same level as at home wi-fi is very expensive about 100 euros a week for just average use, & it is very slow most of the time.

One point you MUST get across to them make sure they always sign out whenever they stop even for a short while or they will lose all their credit. A friend lost 50 euros in four hours by not signing out.

Standard prices of Costa packages: 

35 EUR - 250 MB

45 EUR - 500 MB

110 EUR - 3GB

Usually they also offer social package limited to Facebook, Twitter etc. but I do not see prices at mycosta.com.

Comments from mycosta:

1. To use your internet package, you must turn on your Wi-Fi, connect to the ship's website and log in.
  2. You can use your package on all your devices, but not at the same time.
  3. When you log in for the first time, you will be charged €3 for activating the package.
  4. Wi-Fi available in all public areas and in all cabins.

I just found in my archive photo of Costa pricelist from Favolosa in March 2018. Social package costed then 5 EUR/24 hours and included: Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Whatsup, Threema, Snapchat, Google+, Pinterest, Tumbir, Xing, Linkedin and Instagram. Social package for entire cruise could be cheaper.

It was also possible to surf basing on time not MB packages. 1 minute costed them 0,25 EUR.

Prices of MB packages the same as listed before.

Edited by greg2014

Make use of wifi in every port and hope that is enough for them.  Send them to the "kids" club.  Even as teenagers they will meet other similar aged people onboard and hopefully have a good time without the constant "connection" to the internet.