Back from Equinox in the Southern Carib - A few thoughts

GoodScout

We were on the Equinox Oct 15-23, the ABC islands, and I have to say this is probably my favorite ship, because of the crew. We sailed on the Silhouette Barcelona to Rome last year; best cruise, but Equinox crew beat the Silhouette by a mile. Captain Kate, Dan, and the other officers had a very visible presence, and were so friendly and warm and funny and welcoming. 

We were on deck 7, unobstructed view balcony, almost mid-ship. No concierge for us, we have a tight budget and the perks aren't worth it. We ate at no specialty restaurants, because we found the food in the MDR and OVC so good there was no need. We had select dining, usually ate close to the same time every night, always had the same waitstaff, and usually sat next to the same people. 

We found the entertainment on this ship to be the best we've had on our 6 cruises. I am usually pretty critical of the ship entertainment, but not here. Everything was top notch. 

I LOVE St. Thomas! The first time we went, I knew I wanted to go to Coral World. We found a van driver who took us, and 3 other couples, to that side of the island, and picked us up promptly when we requested he be there. On our next visit, we booked a ship sponsored shore excursion that took us to Peter's Greathouse, and Hilltop. Hilltop was just a big souvenir stand with a great view, but Peter's was a lovey estate with a nice little botanical garden. You just need to get away from town. We were St Maarten almost 4 years, long before the hurricane, so our experience would have been completely different. 

I can't wait to go back on this ship with Captain Kate. 

• 1 month later...

What a helpful review - Thank You!  Informative and entertaining as well.  We are sailing Equinox in 3 weeks so I am devouring every piece of information I can.  It's our first Celebrity Ship - we have done Royal mostly.  Of course, our itinerary is different, but the info on dining, drinking and shows was helpful!

We've re-upped for another tour on the Equinox - this time its April 20 sailing for the western Carib. 

Not sure if Captain Kate will have moved on to the Edge yet - the ship is scheduled to go into dry dock two weeks after our journey for upgrades. 

As we often say in our B&B: Returning guests are the best review you can get.